PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

mudds
26-03-2016, 13:47
My name is Mark and I live in Leicester, UK. I've been a fan of hifi since the age of 18 but with a stay of absence for 10 years account for things that get in the way including kids, jobs, moves etc.

I have now re-kindled my passion (initially for vinyl) with a basic marantz and Rega RP1 set up with some Q Acoustic speakers but have bought some second hand bits recently to try a few things out including an old NAD 3020 amp, KEF Coda 9 speakers and Dual CS5000 which I love (so I am parting company with the Rega)

In addition Ive bought a project vcs cleaner to keep the vinyl clean and this makes a real difference for me (and I love cleaning records!)

Lots to learn and lots of purchases to consider... I want to eventually make a transition to power/ pre amps and buy my first TT independent of arm/ cart to start matching.

Looking forward to chatting with you on the forum.

Thanks for listening!

Mark

Macca
26-03-2016, 14:26
Hi Mark

Welcome to AoS. Good to see more people like yourself getting back into quality hi-fi. Keep us posted on where you go next.

walpurgis
26-03-2016, 16:10
Hi Mark. Welcome to AOS.

What music do you like?

Sounds like you're having fun evolving your system. Using a separate pre-amp and power amp, won't necessarily offer any sound benefit. It just adds a bit of versatility to the amp side of things. Did you have particular amps in mind?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
01-04-2016, 20:33
Welcome to AoS Mark.

Enjoy the Forum