PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mikeandvan
25-03-2016, 15:52
Hi all, I'm Mike, I'm based in Brighton, in the south of England. Been running a small removal service for the past 5 years and am very happy to be off the treadmill of working for a company! At the moment I own a naim system, 72/140, after selling my 250 I'm happier with the 140 and money pocketed! I play 100% vinyl at the mo, via Heybrook TT2/rb 300, orto blue, so am looking for some advice on how to improve current set up.

Music interests - 60s beat/pop/rock/soul/jazz. 70s jazz/some rock( basically the stuff left over from the 60s, John Cale, Soft Machine etc). Post punk, 90s techno/jungle/breakbeat hardcore!! (not so much these days though!!). And a few bits inbetween, and when I get a CDP again, I'll start listening once more to my classical CD collection.

jollyfix
25-03-2016, 16:00
Hi Mike, welcome to AOS. 100% vinyl, nice. Enjoy the forum, i am sure you will get answers to any questions you post. What music do you like?

Barry
25-03-2016, 17:56
Welcome to AoS Mike,

What speakers are you using? In what way would you like to improve the sound of your system?

Nice choice of music you listen to - I'm a bit of a Soft Machine fan myself.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Mikeandvan
25-03-2016, 21:09
Hi Jolly! I like the music stated above in my 'Hello'! 60s beat/rock, post punk etc.................

Mikeandvan
25-03-2016, 21:13
Welcome to AoS Mike,

What speakers are you using? In what way would you like to improve the sound of your system?

Nice choice of music you listen to - I'm a bit of a Soft Machine fan myself.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Hi Barry,
Sorry forgot to put speakers - they're something of a classic Naim partner - Epos es11, and I much prefer them to the Naim Credos they replaced. I'd like a bit more of a soundstage - I think! A bit more space between the various sounds, some of the music I like - 60s beat/rock sounds a bit harsh/compressed, other like minimal electronic music sounds great - I guess its not so demanding.

walpurgis
26-03-2016, 10:24
Welcome from me too Mike.

A lot of members here use Naim gear. That TT2 turntable is a good unit, hang onto it.

Tell us if you have any system changes planned.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

nuff
26-03-2016, 14:37
Hi all, I'm Mike, I'm based in Brighton, in the south of England. Been running a small removal service for the past 5 years and am very happy to be off the treadmill of working for a company! At the moment I own a naim system, 72/140, after selling my 250 I'm happier with the 140 and money pocketed! I play 100% vinyl at the mo, via Heybrook TT2/rb 300, orto blue, so am looking for some advice on how to improve current set up.

Music interests - 60s beat/pop/rock/soul/jazz. 70s jazz/some rock( basically the stuff left over from the 60s, John Cale, Soft Machine etc). Post punk, 90s techno/jungle/breakbeat hardcore!! (not so much these days though!!). And a few bits inbetween, and when I get a CDP again, I'll start listening once more to my classical CD collection.

Hi Mike & welcome to AOS,

A great turntable you have there. I've had 3 of them in total but I regret selling the last 1 that I re-plinth end in American black walnut. Have a read through my thread
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?33160-Heybrook-TT2-walnut-plinth

A few pictures of your setup would be great in the gallery section, I'd love to see it.
Take Geoff's advice and keep hold of it, they really are excellent TT,

Enjoy the forums,
Nathan.

AlfaGTV
26-03-2016, 20:31
Welcome Mike and I agree with Nathan that some pictures of the excellent TT2 would be very nice!
There are several threads here with info on various versions of the TT2 and even the original designer contributes! (shane)
I have some regrets selling mine, had an early example with the big red glowing power switch and also a later one with the Tim deParavicini external PSU, the TPS. Both excellent vinylspinners!
I used to run my older one with a Valhalla PSU from an LP-12 to great effect!
Regards /Mike