PDA

View Full Version : A little more work on caiman mkII part 2

aleman
16-03-2016, 12:02
Have done the gfu mod to my caiman mkII some time ago having swf3 chip i found this worked very well posted a few pic on forum .Read about the swf4 chip contacted stan about this stan replied that the chip was not available unless he had pictorial proof that the gru mod had been done .duly sent an email with proof and the chip was duly dispatched with stans usual efficiency. fitted the swf4 chip and let burn in for 24 hours then spent a day or two listening on my system. the comments i make are i regard to my system what iam posting now is the email with my comments sent to stanley after hearing the chip in the caiman for some time.Posted a few photos of system used with the caiman as well as photo of fabled swf4 chip.

Hi Stan sorry for the late reply the sound to be honest is brilliant how does bass from lowthers sound deep and fast and musical i was able to follow the bass notes easily spatial clues ie studio or hall easy to hear ,strings on guitars became much more realistic without having to strain to hear them cymbals being brushed or being hit with sticks easily heard .All i have described has been with my system it brings enjoyment of the music as a clearer view of what the performer or performers are trying to convey.Also sat at and listened with my wife to some classical piano pieces my wifes reaction was how clear and realistic the piano sounded notes discerned easily very relaxing sound easy to listen.my wife does not often comment on my hifi unless it to her ears sounds awful. Conclusion the new chip does bring a big grin to the face that old saying iam hearing things i never heard before on discs is even more true this chip has improved the caiman beyond all doubt.