PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

vinod_david
04-11-2009, 04:07
Greetings!

My name is Vinod David and am from India. Great to see all music enthusiasts here in yet another great forum. In my search for a good DAC for my setup, I stumbled upon AOS and been reading it religiously for quite some time the threads related to DACs. It's no contest here at AOS that Stan's DAC's are blowing every other DACs out of the water interms of VFM and SQ. My search for DAC, i think, is 80% over after coming to AOS - it has got to be the Caiman for sure. Please accept me as a member in your great forum.

Thank you.

:)

Beechwoods
04-11-2009, 05:45
Welcome, Vinod, and enjoy posting here, now you're all official :) I'm glad you found us.

What do you listen to, and what other kit have you got to play it on?

vinod_david
04-11-2009, 07:01
Hi:

Thanks. Listen to mostly '80s and '90s music. All type of music except heavy metal and jazz. May be am being pulled into jazz lately:)

CA 640A v2->CA 640C v2->Monitor Audio RS6

FLAC->Squeezebox 3->to hifi

Cables are from QED.

Alex_UK
04-11-2009, 08:58
Welcome aboard Vinod, I'm not sure I have noticed any other members from India, but we are very widespread around the world which makes it very interesting. As an owner of one of the early Caimans and now having lived with it for over 3 months, I can honestly say it is the single biggest improvement I have made to my system, and with Stan being a member on here, the service is second to none - I can wholeheartedly recommend the Caiman, but then it's the only DAC I've experienced, so you are doing the right thing by researching, and AoS is by far the best place to do that.

Best of luck with whatever path you choose, and get stuck in and have fun with the forum.

vinod_david
04-11-2009, 11:41
Thanks Alex for warm welcome. Been in touch with Stan over mail and am close to buying a Caiman.

Spectral Morn
04-11-2009, 14:18
Welcome to AOS.

Have fun and enjoy the forum.

Regards D S D L