PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

bignige
12-03-2016, 20:39
Hi

I am 54 years of age and up until 14 years back, hi-fi and music was my life! Lived on my own for 20 years in London and first thing i did every morning was switch on the hi-fi and listen to music - likewise every evening upon returning from work!

Spent a good chunk of my salary on a system - bought over a period of years.

Past 14 years I have not really bothered much with the hi-fi - house is not large enough for a separate room to listen in - nobody at home (now got partner and 2 kids) likes my music and the system takes up too much room - still love good quality sound and an eclectic mix of music - but listen mainly on the laptop and in the car nowadays!

I am thinking of selling my system - but no idea what it might be worth - I have manuals and original purchase receipts stored in the loft - and I bough the whole system brand new and it is all in excellent condition:

Roksan Rok One speakers
Rotel RCD991 CD player
Audio Analogue Puccini amp - not the remote version
Harman Kardon tuner - can't recall the model

I also have a separate mini disc player, headphone amp and a pair of Grado headphones.

The separates are on a black 'Target' stand with smoked glass shelves and the speakers are on Target stands.

Anyone know what the above might be worth - sold as a system or sold separately?

N

Barry
12-03-2016, 21:39
Hello Nigel and welcome to AoS.

It is sad to read that after enjoying music played through a good system for so long, you want to sell it. :( You don't need a separate listening room to enjoy a good quality system. You say it takes up too much room, is that your way of saying it vies with a TV for space and use? Doesn’t you new household enjoy music - why can't they play their music on you system?

I can't really say how much your audio system is worth, but I would implore you to get it all out of the loft, dust it off and use it again. I'm sure you and your new family will be amazed at how good it sounds. :)

Regards

Barry

Macca
12-03-2016, 22:07
Hi Nigel and welcome to AoS

Barry is right you should keep the system. Your children will grow up and you will eventually have time - and space - for it again.

The Cd player is still quite desirable and sell for around £300. Like wise the amplifier, you could expect between £150 and £200

The speakers are rare (but not valuable - rare) and not well known so harder to put a price on - maybe £150

Only a few tuners fetch more than a drink nowadays, your HK is probably not one of them.

Target rack and stands maybe £50 to £100, maybe a little more if you are prepared to ship it.

Hope that helps.

walpurgis
13-03-2016, 00:02
Hi Nigel. Welcome.

Shame you want to sell your gear. Is there no alternative? In a mere few short years you may kick yourself for doing it.

Why not buy a good quality set of headphones for now and use it that way? At least you'd have an excuse for ignoring everybody. :)

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.