PDA

View Full Version : Wave Mechanic PSU: can anything go wrong?

madscientist
10-03-2016, 06:43
I have a Notts Analogue Wave Mechanic PSU linked to my spacedeck and it sems to be showing quite a lot of fluctuation when trying to maintain a constant 33rpm when read with a strobe. I have the control knob turned to the max but still the speed seems to waver! Is there anything that can go wrong with these PSU's and who should i contact to get it rectified?

Ammonite Audio
10-03-2016, 07:41
Try bypassing the Wave Mechanic by plugging the two mains cables together, and then see if the same fluctuation continues with normal mains. If everything runs consistently on raw mains, then a fault with the Wave Mechanic may be indicated. If the fault persists when running in raw mains, there's another reason for the apparent problem.

Other things to check - is the motor pulley running smoothly and not rubbing on the motor pod? Also that the platter spins freely without the belt attached?

mikeyb
10-03-2016, 08:34
That's 2 Waves on the Forum with speed issues, maybe same batch ?

madscientist
10-03-2016, 08:58
Who had the other one?

mikeyb
10-03-2016, 09:08
Who had the other one?
A different TT but here's the thread

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43712

Simon_Nottingham
10-03-2016, 09:17
I have a Space Deck (no Wave Mechanic though).

Have you replaced the belt though - or even tried washing it (warm water and mild detergent)?

allthingsanalogue
10-03-2016, 11:08
is it the correct wave mechanic as there are 2 versions?

madscientist
15-03-2016, 12:22
Problem now resolved in a timely and as always friendly fashion by Penny at Notts Analogue, waiting for the replacement motor now..spinning vinyl again soon.Thanks for all your suggestions chaps.
Paul