PDA

View Full Version : FORMULA ONE - 2016 Season

RobbieGong
05-03-2016, 17:49
Not long now before kick off. The biggest change is qualifying which in my view is a worry. (Someone else might want to explain the detail of those changes).

My view is that as a result of these changes, we will now see far more frantic and ultimately dangerous qualifying. I sincerely hope the powers that be (once again the drivers had no say in the matter) dont end up regretting this due to any horrible event.

The drivers are all for some much needed race day excitement but are seldom consulted with regards to this.

Like boxing, F1 is another great sport that is being spoiled, not by the most important people - the sportsmen themselves who put there lives on the line, but by the suited, money making 'businessmen'

I'm still looking forward to the new season which kicks off in Australia - testing on Friday 18th March, Quali' Saturday 19th, race day Sunday 20th. I just sense they've turned this unnecessarily into two days of racing with the new changes to qualifying. I wish all the guys all the best and sincerely hope Saturday quali' doesnt now turn into smash / shunt or bad accident. :rolleyes:

Spectral Morn
06-03-2016, 23:12
For those of us not subscribing to Sky this is a wash out, no Monaco :doh: + reduced coverage over what the BBC were doing. Not sure I am going to bother watching anymore :(

pjdowns
06-03-2016, 23:33
I don't think the qualifying changes come into effect in Australia from what I have read elsewhere but I might be wrong.

Looks like Mercedes are still 1/2 second clear of Ferrari and even further from the rest of the pack, so I guess Lewis will likely have it all his way, because no matter how much people think the last 3 races of 2015 will make the difference, I can't see Rosberg giving him a run for his money if Lewis is at all on-song!

Let's hope Ferrari manage to make the extra 1/2 second up quickly and get Vettel and Hamilton battling it out on track which would bring back a lot of the excitement people are screaming out for!

As for Alonso, he has had his day and should bow out gracefully before it gets embarrassing for him, he hasn't got a cats chance of catching either Lewis or Vettel and IMHO isn't in the same league of either of them anyway.

Personally I believe that Lewis is the fastest driver of his generation and Vettel is machine like similar to Schumacher so it would be great watching them battle it out :)

Light Dependant Resistor
06-03-2016, 23:55
For those of us not subscribing to Sky this is a wash out, no Monaco :doh: + reduced coverage over what the BBC were doing. Not sure I am going to bother watching anymore :(

Same here, zero coverage on Freeview TV despite 43 channels :stalks:

StanleyB
07-03-2016, 01:56
Same here, zero coverage on Freeview TV despite 43 channels :stalks:
Great coverage on the internet if you know where to look ;).

Gazjam
07-03-2016, 10:17
Handy link for info...
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9974889/f1-in-2016-schedule-and-calendar-driver-line-ups-and-test-dates

(http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9974889/f1-in-2016-schedule-and-calendar-driver-line-ups-and-test-dates)

Oddball
07-03-2016, 10:54
I look forward to it as usual ,(My son is F1 mad) but call me old fashioned ,but one or 2 of these new tracks are souless rubbish , and the night racing under lights (Bahrain ??) is crap IMO
Mind you ,I am an old git.
Would love to see an up and coming driver in the Mercedes , to see just how much its the car!

Oh , and MacClaren , lets see what you are made of this yr !!:)

Gazjam
07-03-2016, 11:38
Jock Clear new head of Engineering at Ferrari...
That got my interest.

Strong track record of car development to win races and Championships.
He worked with Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes, but the biggest thing for me was when He was at Williams in '97 and helped Jaques Villeuneve to win the title that year.
Big JV fan back in the day.
Dont know if Jock is Vettel's or Kimi's engineer, but whoever they will do well.

Some competition for Mercedes this year I hope, though they were fastest in testing I think so far.
Hopefully not another whitewash, though be cool to see Lewis win his third title.

RobbieGong
07-03-2016, 14:08
Jock Clear new head of Engineering at Ferrari...
That got my interest.

Strong track record of car development to win races and Championships.
He worked with Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes, but the biggest thing for me was when He was at Williams in '97 and helped Jaques Villeuneve to win the title that year.
Big JV fan back in the day.
Dont know if Jock is Vettel's or Kimi's engineer, but whoever they will do well.

Some competition for Mercedes this year I hope, though they were fastest in testing I think so far.
Hopefully not another whitewash, though be cool to see Lewis win his third title.

Another title would be his 4th. He'd be the only British driver to do that if he does

Gazjam
10-03-2016, 12:21
Yeah..meant in a row. :)
a win this year will make him one of the greats, and I think he deserves that.

RobbieGong
10-03-2016, 13:23
Yeah..meant in a row. :)
a win this year will make him one of the greats, and I think he deserves that.

Me too as I do actually really like the guy. I'd like it to be a very hard fought title though so we can really see what he's got when he's pushed hard. I think he'd relish a scrap and a few battles on track too ;)

Firebottle
10-03-2016, 15:36
Of that I'm sure, and he has shown himself to be not infallible so it all adds to the excitement;

:)

RobbieGong
02-04-2016, 17:54
How Hamilton pulled that fastest lap in quali today was just class and against the run of play all weekend too. He's admitted that this isnt a track he is comfortable with :eek: not only pole but the fastest lap ever at that Bahrain track (Webber held that honour up until today that is) :) Poor Rosberg who's been fast and comfortable all weekend.

Should be a good race tomorrow now the Ferraris are just about close enough - Hamilton (and Rosberg) need to avoid being overtaken at the start by Vettel and Raikkenen as happened the other week at the Melbourne opener and a few times last season. One time too many and it could cost Mercedes dearly as there'll be the usual frantic jostling for position before turn one where there's real potential for a shunt :eek: Dont take your eyes off Vettel at the start tomorrow ! ;)

Gazjam
02-12-2016, 16:28
Rosberg announces he is retiring from F1. :stalks:

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/804678179017334784/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

RobbieGong
02-12-2016, 16:39
Rosberg announces he is retiring from F1. :stalks:

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/804678179017334784/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yep! He sure has but you won't find much if any interest here. Last F1 post was mine back in April and theres been much to comment on this season. No worries, it's just how it is.