PDA

View Full Version : New lad saying hello

heppie
01-03-2016, 12:54
Hi AofS

Glad to finally join after a while lurking around this great site.
Had many Hi-Fi systems in the past including Quads, Linn's and Roksan's
but currently trying to move house to acquire the much needed man space to start
again.
Currently owning a Chantal Meteor Jukebox and a very lo-fi Lulu Monde & Pye 1005 Achipon.
Bit of an odd list i know but that's me !

Thanks
Al

:newbie:

Macca
01-03-2016, 13:29
Hi Al, welcome to the forum.

Quite a few of us here in the Northwest of England. What sort of system are you thinking of putting together?

heppie
01-03-2016, 16:09
Hi Martin

Thanks for the quick reply.
Loving your fab set-up but i'm probably only on a 4K limit - depending on how the house sale goes....
Nothing fixed apart from a friend who'll sell me his Roksan VSC (to fund his divorce !) which will be my starting point.
Hanging fire with everything else till i see the room dimensions.

Cheers
Al

struth
01-03-2016, 16:17
Welcome Al. Hope you find what your looking for and house sale goes well

Macca
01-03-2016, 16:34
4K is plenty to get a world-class set-up providing you make some judicious selections. I've not spent half that (although I wouldn't say mine is exactly a world class set up ;) )

Anyways, enjoy the forum

Yomanze
01-03-2016, 18:00
Welcome from the North West :) £4k is loads for great sound, it's a great second hand HiFi market for us, bad for sellers, so that £4k will get you £12k RRP used, easy.

walpurgis
01-03-2016, 19:15
Hello Alan. Welcome to AOS.

Once you move have a chat with folks here about your proposed system. You should get some good suggestions.

The Roksan VSC is a new one on me. Seems odd to have the turntable speed control and phono stage all in one. It'd make sense I suppose with a Roksan turntable.

Enjoy the forum
Geoff.

Barry
06-03-2016, 14:27
Welcome to AoS Alan,

You should be able to get a fine audio system for £4K, especially as others have recommended, you buy used equipment. What are your tastes in music and what aspects of sound reproduction are important to you? We have a lot of very knowledgeable members here who will be happy to advise you.

Enjoy the Forum

Barry