PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to The Art of Sound

jumpinjack
29-02-2016, 23:16
Long time audio guy. Dedicated tapered trapagon listening room based on Cardas Audio design recommendations. PS Audio PCA-2 pre, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE phono pre, pair of Odyssey Audio Stratos Mono amps, VMPS RM2 and Eminent Technology LFT-8 speakers, 17 turntables (Oracle Delphi, VPI HW19 MK III, Technics SL-150 MK 2, Sony PS-X7, Denon DP-52F) Grace, 2 modified Rega RB-250, Audioquest tonearms , lots of MM cartridges, Dynavector MC, Rotel RCD-1072 CD, Ultech UCD 100, Marantz DV-7600 DVD, Grant Fidelity Tube DAC 11, 5 R-T-R (Teac, Pioneer, Sony), Nakamichi DR-2, Rotel RT-1080 tuner, Philips Fidelio L1 cans, mostly Analysis Plus cables (Black Oval 9 to VMPS). Music: mid to late 60's rock, folk, blues.

walpurgis
29-02-2016, 23:23
Hello Jack. Welcome to AOS.

That's a lot of equipment. I think you may be even worse than me! :)

You have some nice stuff there. Tell us what plans you have for your system (systems?).

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
29-02-2016, 23:35
welcome Jack. Yep, some great gear in that list, and judging by your name etc you should like the Stones too,

enjoy the forum mate

jumpinjack
01-03-2016, 04:51
Geoff,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, it's a lot of equipment. I have become a turntable junkie, and can only listen to one at a time!. But an enjoyable affliction. Listening room will receive some acoustic upgrades, and I am looking at new DACs, most likely one of the Schiit models.
Regards,
Jack

Barry
06-03-2016, 21:48
Welcome to AoS Jack.

Don't feel bad about being a bit of a hoarder - a few of us here are as well. :)

Nice taste in music,

Enjoy the Forum

Barry