PDA

View Full Version : Wanted : SME 3009 Series III Parts

mjkelshaw
28-02-2016, 15:42
Looking for Base Plate c/w Clamp / Adjustment Screws, Pillar Clamp, Bias Weight & Support Arm.
Would consider incomplete or broken arm providing the above 'bits' are present.

Mike Kelshaw

Smegger68
29-02-2016, 12:38
I have a complete IIIs that I might let go for a reasonable price. PM me an offer.

struth
29-02-2016, 13:00
Dont see series 3's often. No idea what one goes for these days in working condition

mjkelshaw
29-02-2016, 13:21
I have a complete IIIs that I might let go for a reasonable price. PM me an offer.

James - Thanks for the offer, however I don't want to'break' a perfectly good arm just to obtain the 'bits' that I would like to use.

Ducatiist
29-02-2016, 15:00
Might be worth contacting SME direct.
I've recently got some bits for a 3009 from them...not cheap but they're brand new.
Not sure if SME still support the III as it seems to see it as a bit of a sales failure.
I think they're pretty nice though, when partnered with the right cartridge.

mjkelshaw
29-02-2016, 19:07
[QUOTE=Might be worth contacting SME direct.

Hi Stuart. I think that you're probably right. I should contact SME.
Just to clarify, I don't want the items for a Series 111, I want them for a 3009 R. It looks like the pillar clamp from a Series 111 would fit and look 'correct'. The arm has already been re-wired and fitted with an Analogue Tube Audio Bronze Bearing plus their RCA socket conversion by Audio Origami, as I needed a vertical socket connection to accommodate the combined depth of turntable arm board (TD 124-2) and the plinth motor board.

Regards

Mike Kelshaw