PDA

View Full Version : New joiner from Swindon, UK

newtonnjd
22-02-2016, 23:45
Hi All,

I live in Swindon and have a dedicated home cinema room in my extension. I current work up near Birmingham and would be happy to meet fellow audiophiles in either location.

My system is:

CD player: Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP
3D blu-ray player: Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD
Pre-amp: Electrocompaniet ECI5
Power amp: Electrocompaniet AW250R
2 channel surround amp: AVI Lab series integrated
Main speakers: Magnepan MG12
Surround speakers: Magnepan MMG

Nick.

jollyfix
23-02-2016, 09:09
Hi Nick, welcome to AOS. What music do you like? I have never heard any Electrocompaniet amps, always liked the looks of them. Enjoy the forum.

struth
23-02-2016, 10:05
Welcome to AoS Nick. Hope you enjoy the forum mate.. Cheers

walpurgis
23-02-2016, 10:22
Hello Nick. Welcome to AOS.

That's an interesting system you have there. I'll bet it sounds very nice.

Feel free to post equipment photos in the Gallery section. They'll be appreciated.

Do you have plans for any changes or upgrades?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

newtonnjd
23-02-2016, 10:26
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I like music from most genres except for things like rap, dance or heavy metal. My favourite band is The Divine Comedy, also into classical and film scores.

I don't have a huge amount of experience of different audio brands, but I'm really loving the electrocompaniet gear at the moment, and it's obvious that my planar speakers love more powerful amps.

newtonnjd
23-02-2016, 11:44
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the welcome, I will take some new photos of my setup for the gallery, I haven't taken any in a while. My room is small with a low roof, but the sound seems to fill it very nicely.

I am just about to embark on installing two dedicated mains spurs out to my extension, one for the amps and one for the sources.

Barry
24-02-2016, 13:40
Welcome to AoS Nick.

Nice set up you have there - obviously an Electrocompaniet fan. :)

The only Electrocompaniet amplifier I have heard was their first - the quaintly, and rather obviously called "The 2 Channel Amplifier", based on the circuit by Otala and Lostrom(?). It was superb feeding Quad 57s. :)

Enjoy the Forum

Barry

The Black Adder
24-02-2016, 13:51
A warm welcome to AOS, Nick... :)