PDA

View Full Version : AUDIOPHILE INTERVIEW: Mr. Raphaël Bini / French audio maker Soledge

Neil McCauley
19-02-2016, 15:06
Hello Raphaël. How did your interest in music reproduction start?

Well, I suppose everything starts with music listening during as a youth, with a father playing music, either on a piano or guitar, or on his HiFi system. Then, my father being an electrician and repairing TV sets, meant that I grew up with electronic stuff around me, which started my interest in technical matters. I started at 16 to learn electronics, and became at 23 an electronics engineer. This gave me all the necessary knowledge required to start to design my own equipment. It was also during my studies that I discovered ‘real HiFi’.

Any brands in particular?

As a kid, I was found of all those mini systems, particularly the Pioneer one. I read some magazines offering tests on audio products, like Denon, Marantz or other Japanese brands. And once, they talked about ‘true HiFi’, ‘subjective results against measurements’, ‘esoteric’ brands like NAD, Rotel, Brinkmann, Electrocompaniet – where the final aim was realism, and the path to it simplicity as defined by ‘straight wire and gain’ – well it was too late, I caught the virus!

Happily?

Yes, happily!

Were you encouraged by others?

Not particularly. It was more influences than encouragement.

Such as?

Well … like my young years at home, my taste for technology, and my meeting with students having the same passion for HiFi.

Can you tell us a little – or a lot if you wish – about Maestro?

Well, Maestro is just a part of a completely fresh approach to a HiFi system. It was in 2006, after some years of work in the industry, that I decided to come back to my first love. And just get rid of my complex (and ugly) HiFi gear. With three objectives : top audio quality, simplicity and beauty. So I .....

Continues @ http://www.hifianswers.com/2016/02/howard-popeck-interviews-mr-raphael-bini-driving-force-behind-french-audio-maker-soledge-high-end-wireless-audio-system/