PDA

View Full Version : Essential Listening: Oscar Peterson – Exclusively For My Friends (6LP 180 gram

Neil McCauley
19-02-2016, 14:27
Featuring friends such as: Ray Brown, Sam Jones bass Bob Durham, Ed Thigpen, Louis Hayes drums.

The purchase of the legendary German label MPS Edel strengthens its jazz catalogue. For the first time the entire JazzPortfolio of MPS will be digitalized and simultaneously made available on a wide range of selected CD and Vinyl releases. Following the claim “reforest the legend”, a specialized MPS promotion team cooperating with the label Edel Content is carrying out an extensive reenactment of MPS releases for their audiophile vinylseries “AAA”. The reissue of 180g vinyl and artwork is done with strict attention to the original first releases. The team hopes to enter into the digital world, spreading additional values and features centred around the cult status of the label on the web. As a starting shot the Oscar PetersonBox “Exclusively for My Friends” combines all six original LPs from the series with a booklet that includes scans of the tape boxes and liner notes of the audiophile remasteringprocess of AAA producer Dirk Sommer.

Continues @ http://www.hifianswers.com/2016/01/we-like-this-oscar-peterson-exclusively-for-my-friends-6lp-180-gram-virgin-vinyl-box/