PDA

View Full Version : C.E approved

SolidState
14-04-2008, 18:07
Hi guys, I need some help. Can anyone tell me which brand of toilet paper is C.E approved?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Marco
14-04-2008, 20:03
I believe that Izal 'spreads' well, but I'm not sure whether this information is of any assistance.

Marco.

jcbrum
14-04-2008, 20:39
These people may help
http://www.chemiclean.co.uk/paper.htm

Mike Reed
14-04-2008, 20:55
It's all a tissue of flies, I say!

I'd steer clear of that recycled stuff; you can take this green thing too far; easy to get browned off.

Steve Toy
15-04-2008, 00:22
CE approved is my new Puresound valve amp. I love it to bits and take comfort in the fact that it is CE approved. It turns out my Piegas are actually pretty high efficiency despite their nominal 4 ohm load. (4-omh taps obviously take care of this.) The 90 dB obviously helps along with the fact that there don't seem to be any dips much below 4 ohms. Both headroom and bass drive/control seem to be better than with my previous ss amp. I guess Piega did make it rather clear that 20 to 150 wpc is the range that they work well within and perhaps 240 wpc was just overkill and overdamping/strangulation.

jcbrum
15-04-2008, 08:42
Oh dear, thread-crapping again, do puresound make CE bogroll to clear it up ?:lol:

Steve Toy
15-04-2008, 09:28
Is jcbrum CE approved or is he, as I suspect, wrongly wired up? :lol:

SolidState
15-04-2008, 16:17
I'd greatly appreciate if Marco or filterlab would not allow thread crapping on my thread. If I wanted information on commercial bollox that is CE approved just to fleece more mugs then i'd ask so in the hifi sections of the forum.
Regards

greenhomeelectronics
15-04-2008, 16:57
I have a CE approved toilet brush but it made my arse sore.

Marco
15-04-2008, 17:09
What I want to know is does a CE-approved amplifier play Reggae music better. Can anyone help me out?

Marco.

SolidState
15-04-2008, 17:38
I have a CE approved toilet brush but it made my arse sore.

You bring up a very valid point, now can you imagine what CE approved hifi sounds like, in fact I daren't even think about it, scary:(

SolidState
15-04-2008, 17:39
What I want to know is does a CE-approved amplifier play Reggae music better. Can anyone help me out?

Marco.

Now now steady on Marco, reggae music has flabby bass. But is it flabby bass on CE or non-CE approved hifi?

Marco
15-04-2008, 18:12
I believe that CE-approved hi-fi has better timing and coherence so the flabby bass will be rendered with greater 'texture', similarly as Andrex delivers more 'softness' and superior 'palpability' to Asda's 'Taste the Difference' toilet tissue, whereas non-CE approved hi-fi will render the flabby bass as 'farty' and lacking in 'solidity', akin to the bottom-wiping prowess of a soggy re-cycled chamois.

Marco.

Steve Toy
15-04-2008, 19:11
If I wanted information on commercial bollox that is CE approved just to fleece more mugs then i'd ask so in the hifi sections of the forum.

The amp in question will be neither 'commercial bollox' nor CE approved as such for much longer.

I can move this thread to some where within the hi-fi section.

Solidstate,

Your hostility towards me that is not exactly meant in jest is thinly veiled and unwarranted.