PDA

View Full Version : RCM question.

doodoos
16-02-2016, 08:17
I had a Loricraft couple of years ago and sold it as I had cleaned all my vinyl and am not buying new stuff. My query is - having rcm'd the records, do they require re - doing or is it a one off job providing they are dusted off with a fibre brush prior to playing.
Was thinking of the new pro-ject if necessary.

Bigman80
16-02-2016, 08:21
I've found that they are fine if you place them in a new sleeve for some time. Suppose it depends on how many times you play them ?

daytona600
16-02-2016, 08:28
once cleaned & stored in after market anti static inners no need to clean again for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZmRy3cbFjw

Macca
16-02-2016, 08:52
Depends how often you play them. I've a couple of albums I play regularly and they both now need a re-clean after about 4 years. Albums I cleaned years ago but hardly ever play are still completely quiet.

Although this is partly due to not keeping the dust cover on the TT so the records get re-contaminated from dirt on the mat.

Those with <ahem> stricter household cleaning regimes than mine might not encounter this problem as much, but nothing remains spotlessly clean forever.

Personally I wouldn't advise selling an RCM even if you have cleaned your whole collection and are sensibly not buying any more of the stuff, unless you are desperate for the cash.

Ali Tait
16-02-2016, 08:58
I use mine regularly, not that we don't clean but our house seems to be a bloody dust magnet.