PDA

View Full Version : Richard from darkest Kent

richard.a
15-02-2016, 14:46
Hi guys,my name is Richard and I come from Gillingham in Kent.

I'm not really what you call an audiophile but I do like good music and I do like record players.As a young man I owned a Dansette which I used to take to my girlfriends house and a Sony music center which had a load of buttons and toggles and Dolby which was my pride and joy,sadly I let it all go to pay for my first car,(big mistake)!!

Now I'm loving the vinyl again and looking to get some good audio equipment back again,I've recently won a technics SL-D2 semi automatic deck which was described as 'superb' on eBay but has proved to be not quite as described,body good but had to change the cartridge and reset the tone arm counterweight and the speed etc before I could get it to play my vinyl,still all seems ok now.

The rest of my stuff is more or less new,Denon PMA720AE amplifier,Denon DCD720AE CD player and the Technics SL-D2 turntable,all going into a couple of reasonable speakers.

I'm not wonderful with electronics so I have joined the forum so as I can call on you guys for help if and when things go wrong or even to see what sort of setups other music lovers have.

Loads of questions coming your way.

Macca
15-02-2016, 18:02
Hi Richard, welcome to the forum.

Please fell free to ask any questions you have, always lots of people willing to help.

richard.a
15-02-2016, 18:08
Thank you for the welcome Martin.

jollyfix
15-02-2016, 18:34
Hi Richard, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.

walpurgis
15-02-2016, 18:52
Hi Richard. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Tell us what music you like and what you have in mind for your system.

You'll get good advice.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

archiesdad
15-02-2016, 19:23
Evening and welcome to AoS, where people type the posts in time to the music.