PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sheffield

potofgreed
10-02-2016, 22:40
Hello there,

I'm potofgreed, a graduate student from Sheffield who has had a long period of romance with hi-fi equipment, beginning with my sub £100 Cambridge Audio amp and Mission speakers back in 2003...

I recently came into a bunch of equipment that I'm about to embark on testing, replacing blown fuses etc. However, I have extremely little knowledge beyond that. The stuff I could immediately establish as working I've now set to use, but I *think* I have some pretty fine things here (and a bit of junk) - perhaps you will recognise a few.

- B&O Beomaster 1900

- Philips CD850 mkII

- Audiolab 8000A

- Philips CD920

- Kenwood KA1080

- Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 2

- JPW subwoofer (no model number on this one?)

I've set to use a Musical Fidelity CD-2 running into a Pioneer A400 amp, with some crusty (but decent) KEF SP1016 speakers.

Anything exciting? :)
I know very little about pre-millenium hi-fi stuff. I'm aware the Beomaster is pretty rare/collectible and I'll be looking to sell it with collection from Sheffield - any advice on where to list it? Here?

As someone who used to be very much in love with jungle I'm looking forward to trying out the subwoofer...

Look forward to nerding out/trading with you guys in the future!

Poto

struth
10-02-2016, 22:43
Welcome Rowan. Youve got yourself some nice kit there. The philips cd is a good un if working well too... Hope you enjoy the forum.

walpurgis
10-02-2016, 23:18
Hi Rowan. Welcome to AOS.

Not to worry. We can sort you out! :)

Why not visit our Blank Canvas section and start a thread outlining your ideas for the equipment you have and may consider getting. You'll get plenty of advice, we've got some very knowledgeable people here.

If your KEF SP1016 speakers are the Chorale model, they can form the basis for a pretty nice sounding system. There are upgrades that can be done on them too.

Have a look around the site and if there's a topic that interests you, just join in the banter. Ask any questions you like.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.