PDA

View Full Version : Karcher Window Vacs - Record cleaning?

skimminstones
10-02-2016, 20:42
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3455793.htm

Any reason i couldnt use one of these to vacuum finish vinyl after cleaning them? Might have to stick some velvet or soft material on the ends so as not to scratch but any reason it woudnt work?

CageyH
10-02-2016, 21:06
It could be too wide.
You need to check the measurements.

AlfaGTV
10-02-2016, 21:10
A friend of mine used for that very purpose! Now't wrong with it, but he still decided to fork out for an Okki Nokki after a couple of dozen records cleaned.
Dont think you'll do the LPs any harm though... But the suction is not nearly as powerful as with an RCM.
Atb /Mike

struth
10-02-2016, 21:11
Ive a different make(for my windows) and you need to put a bit of pressure on, and make sure the whole bar is sealed to window to produce suction. May work with some adaptations. The cheaper ones are often just as good... think Aldi was selling themm recently

User211
10-02-2016, 21:18
Micro fibre cloths work surprisingly well. They do need to be clean, though.

In fact, some tap water, a small amount of washing up liquid, and a good rinse with a shower head followed by said cloth treatment works quite well for nowt money. If you can be arsed, as it is a slow process. And you need to do it well or you will leave residue which your stylus will NOT appreciate.