PDA

View Full Version : Good Afternoon

TheArtOfSound
03-02-2016, 13:03
Hello my name is Luke, I hail from sunny Cardiff! A graduate of Multimedia Technology and hopeful PhD candidate of Media and Arts Technology

My passion for electronics and sound come from my Grandfather, He was manager of a couple Home audio and television stores across south wales from the 60's to 90's and has amazed an impressive collection of audio and visual equipment. That is one of the reason for joining as he has decided he wants to sell some of his 3000+ vintage cartridges and styli.

My current "post uni" system equipment is very basic; I have a couple Cambridge and Marantz amps nothing compared to my grandfathers beast Pioneer SX-1980, Two Project Turntables a Debut II and Elemental, Mordaunt-Short 902i, B&W DM601 S2 and a Cambridge CD player. And various other gadgets my favourite being a Raspberry PI.

Music wise Im into Late 60 - 80's rock, Classical and folk. Mr Tambourine Man by Dylan is currently my favourite track.

I will be putting up an Ortofon M20FL Super Cartridge I found with some old equipment for sale in the near future and In the coming months I'll see what my Grandfather wants to sell and I'll put anything up on here for you aficionados before I advertise elsewhere :)

Macca
03-02-2016, 13:10
Hi Luke

Welcome to the Forum.

3000 vintage cartridges eh? Marco will probably have them off you;)

jollyfix
03-02-2016, 16:05
Hi Luke, welcome to AOS, enjoy the forum. Great city Cardiff, i used to live in Splott, and Canton many moons ago. What was the name of your grandfathers shops?

TheArtOfSound
03-02-2016, 18:09
Aha well then you should definitely know it Radiocraft

jollyfix
03-02-2016, 18:34
I remember there being a Radiocraft by Tesco on cowbridge road , used to pass it on way home. popped in a few times.

walpurgis
03-02-2016, 21:14
Hi Luke. Welcome to AOS.

If you have any plans for your system, tell us what you have in mind. We like to know what people are planning.

You'll find every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here, so I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

There is always a demand for second hand gear, so please offer whatever you like (Hi-Fi that is).

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

TheArtOfSound
03-02-2016, 23:44
Cheers Geoff

At the moment I'm slowing looking to build and improve my system, definitely in need of some higher quality speakers, so if anyone's got any suggestions for a decent pair I can pick up at a reasonable price I'd appreciate it?

I've been looking at getting some Old Sony ss-7200 but so far they have been somewhat elusive.

Anyhow thanks for the warm welcome guys