Cardas Golden Reference & Stereovox HDSE IC's
recently I have entered dark side and bought
Clearaudio Emotion SE turntable with Satisfy direct wired tonearm
Concept V2 MM cartridge
I use built-in tube phono and Graham Slee Gram Amp

walpurgis
31-01-2016, 17:04
Hi Slav. Welcome to AOS.

You have some interesting equipment in your system.

Tell us what music you listen to and if you have any plans for system changes.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
31-01-2016, 17:20
Welcome Slav... hope you enjoy your time here.. Good to have more converts to vinyl

mac72
31-01-2016, 18:00
Welcome Slav... hope you enjoy your time here.. Good to have more converts to vinyl

It's only couple months since I bought TT , still undecided if I carry on .

mac72
31-01-2016, 18:07
Hi Slav. Welcome to AOS.

You have some interesting equipment in your system.

Tell us what music you listen to and if you have any plans for system changes.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

I'm looking for a phono stage , just finished Graham Slee Era Gold V loan , will try to demo some more before making decision - budget up to £1000

walpurgis
31-01-2016, 18:11
I'm looking for a phono stage , just finished Graham Slee Era Gold V loan , will try to demo some more before making decision - budget up to £1000

The ERA V Gold is pretty good. Not a lot of competition at the price. The more expensive Reflex M is a bit more lucid.

mac72
31-01-2016, 18:18
The ERA V Gold is pretty good. Not a lot of competition at the price. The more expensive Reflex M is a bit more lucid.

That's why Reflex M would visit me for couple weeks in March , Era Gold does everything but I had a feeling that something is missing , bit of warmth I'd say.

walpurgis
31-01-2016, 18:23
I found no lack of warmth in the ERA V Gold. It was as full bodied as the EAR 834P I'd used previously, more accurate sounding too. Are you using pure copper cables on the phono side or are there any silver or silver plated items? They can rob some warmth. I find copper cored conductors more suitable.

mac72
31-01-2016, 18:29
I'm not sure about tonearm IC as it is direct wired version made by Clearaudio , but phono- pre is copper.
Mind you speaker cables are silver plated but there is no lack of warmth from cd side

jollyfix
31-01-2016, 18:43
Hi Slav, welcome to AOS. Another clear audio emotion user here. Not sure its the deck for you if you want full on warmth. Different carts and phono stages would make a difference, for me the Emotion needs good isolation for it to work at its best.

mac72
31-01-2016, 18:52
When using built-in tube phono sound is nice and warm but missing bit of detail Era Gold brings , I might need to look into tube based phonos , I guess . Cartridge has only 50 hours on it which don't help and is nothing special - Concept V2 MM , I certainly look into it in the future - something like Nagaoka would be nice to try .

mac72
31-01-2016, 19:10
Many thanks to you all for warm welcome
Slav

mac72
31-01-2016, 20:31
Hi Slav, welcome to AOS. Another clear audio emotion user here. Not sure its the deck for you if you want full on warmth. Different carts and phono stages would make a difference, for me the Emotion needs good isolation for it to work at its best.

What cartridge did you settle on?

The Black Adder
31-01-2016, 20:37
Welcome to AOS, Slav... :)