PDA

View Full Version : Beresford Asynch-1, updated

StanleyB
30-01-2016, 13:23
The Asynch-1 has had a few updates done to it, and as of now only the updated version will be shipped.
The latest version now supports WASAPI Push and Event modes, and also files up to 384kHz.
Win10 is now also supported with a new dedicated Win10 driver.

Existing Asynch-1 users should be able to enjoy the benefits of the updated drivers. But if you bought from me a Windows only version of the Asynch-1 (which would have been before November I reckon. Check your purchase order from Paypal) I can update it internally for you for just the return cost of the postage and packing. The new drivers will however still work with the older units.

The latest version of the Asynch-1 has undergone a slight price increase unfortunately. But it is still tremendous value for money when compared to the cost of other USB converters out there.

struth
30-01-2016, 13:31
Sounds interesting Stan.. Think i have one of the first ones you got. I was quite impressed with it. Not using a pc for streaming now but when i did that gadget was a big step up from the 2 dedi ated ones i had that cost a lot more

Getgaff
31-01-2016, 14:24
Always pleasing to hear of manufacturers continuing to develop and improve existing products, kudos Stan.

Suffice to say I've just placed an order for one. Have absolutely no need for it right now, but I'm sure I can remedy that :)

mrboonmee
05-02-2016, 08:20
New drivers in! working very well. quiet as can be, Arvo Part 24bit.

Possible to order a new board for Asynch-1 rather than send the unit to you? glad to pay for it.

can ship if needed.

thanks

sq225917
05-02-2016, 09:23
Stan, on one page of the website you quote it as 32/384 and 32/192 on the other. The spec tab quotes the lower figure. I assume this slipped through the proofreading net.

StanleyB
14-03-2016, 09:56
Stan, on one page of the website you quote it as 32/384 and 32/192 on the other. The spec tab quotes the lower figure. I assume this slipped through the proofreading net.
Thanks for raising that point Simon. The issue is that CMedia have released an updated set of technical info for their USB chip as used in the Asynch-1. And that includes an increase of the bit and sample rate to 32/384kHz. So I shall update the original specifications that I had copied from their initial technical release.

StanleyB
14-03-2016, 10:10
I am now often asked if it is possible to order any of my products without a power supply, where a power supply is part of the package. Due to imported content declarations for Customs purposes it has been a bit of a job to find a simple way of offering the option to leave out the power supply when ordering. But I have now managed to find a solution for the Customs declaration, and also get the exclusion of the power supply to show up as a price reduction. So I have updated my ordering page to include the option of leaving out the power supply. Hopefully this will be a great help to those who already have a power supply and do not need one more that is unlikely to be used.