PDA

View Full Version : Jelco SA 750d Armlift

cuddles
26-01-2016, 20:11
Here's a strange one. Is there any way to adjust the armlift on this tonearm. I've been curious like many here on trying out the Shure M55e and I bagged one quite cheaply and bought a new stylus. To get anywhere near the correct VTA the arm has to be raised quite high to get the cartridge level.
The trouble is that in this position the armrest doesn't doesn't clear the armtube when it's fully lowered. There seems to be a grub screw of sorts on the lever mechanism. Is it possible to alter the travel of the armrest?
What I've heard so far I really like. It's a bit of a low rider isn't it? - the back of the cartridge stopped me from playing 'Surfs Up' with its slight edge warp but the raising the VTA should help that.

Cheers in advance for any advice ;)

blake
26-01-2016, 20:38
Here's a strange one. Is there any way to adjust the armlift on this tonearm. I've been curious like many here on trying out the Shure M55e and I bagged one quite cheaply and bought a new stylus. To get anywhere near the correct VTA the arm has to be raised quite high to get the cartridge level.
The trouble is that in this position the armrest doesn't doesn't clear the armtube when it's fully lowered. There seems to be a grub screw of sorts on the lever mechanism. Is it possible to alter the travel of the armrest?
What I've heard so far I really like. It's a bit of a low rider isn't it? - the back of the cartridge stopped me from playing 'Surfs Up' with its slight edge warp but the raising the VTA should help that.

Cheers in advance for any advice ;)

Both the arm rest and cueing housing/mechanism are adjustable. Both have allen key grubscrews. Loosen them up and raise or lower to your heart's content.

cuddles
26-01-2016, 21:20
Ta - I'll investigate it tomorrow ;)