PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: McIntosh MA7000 ss integrated amplifier

nickbaba
24-01-2016, 13:27
Up for your consideration is my beloved McIntosh MA7000 solid state amp.

I thought I'd see if there's any interest from you good folks here before I look into selling it anywhere else.

I'm selling it on because it's not been getting enough use by me lately and it's a shame to let such a superior machine sit around when someone could be appreciating it.

All in good working order. Perfect cosmetic condition. Sounds fantastic and it's a real beast.

Comes with the (substantial) original packing case, manual and I'll even throw in a custom dust-cover I had made for it, with embroidered McIntosh logo.

As I'm sure you're aware this thing is both huge and extremely heavy. I can barely lift it on my own. Shipping arrangements are the buyer's responsibility. You are also welcome to come and collect it if you are in the SW London area.

I'm looking to get around £3000 for it, reasonable offers considered.

Just looking to see if there's any interest at the moment, so please post or PM me to register your interest or ask any questions.

Thank you

Nick 160611606216063

RichB
24-01-2016, 14:08
What a beauty. Good luck with the sale.

sumday
24-01-2016, 16:42
I'm very, very interested...but very, very cannot afford it.
the wife would stab me!!!

a beautiful piece of kit...good luck.

NIGE.

southall-1998
24-01-2016, 16:58
My Dad's wee martin logans would love this!

S.

Perister
24-01-2016, 17:40
PM sent:)

Nikos

nickbaba
30-01-2016, 00:42
Weekend bump

AlfaGTV
30-01-2016, 09:00
Have a free bump as this truly is an audiophiles wet dream!
Great versatility, beautiful sounds made, power to let it double as an arc welder if needs must. And with the autoformers perfect adaptation to Your speakers!
On top of that excellent tone controls for adapting sound to suit your taste, the room acoustics and the current piece of music withourt destroying resolution,phase or other important aspects.
As you have guessed i have extesive experince with his beast!
S'pose you wouldn't like to air mail this to Sweden, would you? ;)

nickbaba
30-01-2016, 13:50
Sure, I'll just pop it in the post. No worries! ;)

nickbaba
30-01-2016, 13:57
Actually, you're making me wonder if I should be selling it after all...

It is a thing of beauty.

Thing is with this amp, it's a proper GAS killer. I've never sat there listening to it and thought to myself, I wish I had a better amp. I wish it had more bass, more detail, more power... more anything. It doesn't seem to lack anything.

hmmm...

yesnogame
31-01-2016, 13:32
PM sent. Cheers.

mac72
31-01-2016, 14:56
Actually, you're making me wonder if I should be selling it after all...

It is a thing of beauty.

Thing is with this amp, it's a proper GAS killer. I've never sat there listening to it and thought to myself, I wish I had a better amp. I wish it had more bass, more detail, more power... more anything. It doesn't seem to lack anything.

hmmm...

Unless you're planning on going up McIntosh range , stick to MA7000 you will regret selling it
Regards
Slav

allthingsanalogue
31-01-2016, 15:32
I'm saving now for a new amp, something special. If it was next year I would certainly be interested!

Bugger!

DogsPart2
31-01-2016, 16:30
Do not sell it. Just listen to it more!

nickbaba
06-02-2016, 02:13
I do love the MA7000, guys, I do... I've just been listening to my tube amp a lot recently....

the tubes are calling... calling me...