PDA

View Full Version : Wanted !! - ortofon quintet black

RobbieGong
22-01-2016, 18:51
I'm tempted to take a punt on one of these - anyone have one, low miles they'd consider moving on ?

daytona600
22-01-2016, 21:28
Just had one in today , customer traded in for a Cadenza black
approx 1 year old & supplied my me , mileage unknown
also have new ones

nb - ideally needs a arm with adjustable VTA advanced profiles like Shibata need to be fine tuned & a RCM helps as well

British high fidelity
22-01-2016, 21:34
Can i ask the price please

RobbieGong
22-01-2016, 21:48
Just had one in today , customer traded in for a Cadenza black
approx 1 year old & supplied my me , mileage unknown
also have new ones

nb - ideally needs a arm with adjustable VTA advanced profiles like Shibata need to be fine tuned & a RCM helps as well

Hi Scott, Would you be able to somehow ascertain approx hours ? And spot on re: vta which has been the case in my experience with the 2M Black. Not sure why but definately the case for some reason. I've always found that 'right spot' with it with on the fly vta adjust as the final part, it kind of just happens that way, but when it does..... mama :D ... can take what feels like an age to do though

RobbieGong
23-01-2016, 12:34
Search over - managed to bag a deal on a brand new one, my first mc ! :eek:

CageyH
23-01-2016, 12:35
Let us know how you get on.

RobbieGong
23-01-2016, 12:46
Let us know how you get on.

Absolutely Kev !! I've been ampless for an age which has been painful. I've also done a lot of changes to my system and will be receiving a Sansui AU 919 today which I'm looking forward to hearing. I also bagged an immaculate Pioneer PD91 Reference cdp, unfortunately the lens has come off in transit so I'll be meeting the guy in a few weeks to have that sorted. Oh and there's this Quintet B on it's way too, my first ever moving coil - Blimey !! There's gonna be a lot to report over the coming weeks. Wish me luck :)

julesd68
23-01-2016, 13:27
hey Rob - you've got some nice gear on the way dude!

I've found out with my new AT33PTG/II that matching the cart very carefully with the right SUT or head amp is crucial to hear the cart at its best ...
Does the Sansui have an in built mc stage?

That PD91 is a beast and a beauty all at once - hope it sounds as good as it looks. No doubt can be upgraded with decent external DAT in the future ... have fun! :cool:

RobbieGong
23-01-2016, 14:15
hey Rob - you've got some nice gear on the way dude!

I've found out with my new AT33PTG/II that matching the cart very carefully with the right SUT or head amp is crucial to hear the cart at its best ...
Does the Sansui have an in built mc stage?

That PD91 is a beast and a beauty all at once - hope it sounds as good as it looks. No doubt can be upgraded with decent external DAT in the future ... have fun! :cool:

Hi Julian, Long time, how you doin'. Your to blame for the 919 lol. You told me that Phonomac who I had previous dealings with was the man for Sansui. I'd admired the 919 for ages so you kind of rekindled that, in fact he's on his way from Northamptonshire with da 'beast' as we speak. The Sansui does have a very good mm and mc phono stage apparently so interesting times and new territory ahead. Yes the PD 91 is absolutely gorgeous in the flesh and should sound great from what I've read, more on the analogue side which nailed it for me alongside those looks - Hope you n fam are good :)

djdstone
26-01-2016, 22:51
How are you finding the Black - takes a while to run in and can sound quite dark to begin with