PDA

View Full Version : WANTED : Furukawa in wall power cable.

mad-moon
21-01-2016, 14:58
Wanted to buy if anyone has any spare...(Oyaide) Furakawa in wall electric cable...this stuff is that stiff...you could make a bow from it....Sold by MCRU..but no longer made

update : ..It's Oyaide cable and I'm after the 2.5mm version of it ta

Mark Grant
21-01-2016, 22:09
I have a few metres of the 2.0 and 2.6. ( Not on website as discontinued)

send a message or phone during office hours if interested.

mad-moon
21-01-2016, 22:42
Sent a pm Mark..but I'll give you a bell in the morning. cheerz. Alan...

Marco
21-01-2016, 22:48
Bloody good stuff that. Some of my mains leads are made with it, and my filter is wired throughout with Furukawa (as Mark knows only too well)! :)

Marco.

mad-moon
22-01-2016, 10:13
Mark Grant is The Man...exactly what I'm after...top man..:youtheman:

Marco
22-01-2016, 10:19
Nice one. What you gonna use it for, Alan - installing a mains spur, or building mains leads from it? :)

Marco.

mad-moon
22-01-2016, 10:31
Nice one. What you gonna use it for, Alan - installing a mains spur, or building mains leads from it? :)

Marco.

Just the one mains lead...for my power amp....I'm using the Shunyata..into the mains conditioner..and Merlin Silvermann labs clarity3 in the rest...My pal brought his Furukawa yesterday..and tried it in my power amp...and woooosh...but he'd put braiding on it...and couldn't remember what it was called..He did say Furukawa..but other people were telling me it is Oyaide cable...both correct of course..as Furukawa made the cable for Oyaide...I'll stop rambling on now..haha.

Mark Grant
22-01-2016, 21:39
Mark Grant is The Man...exactly what I'm after...top man..:youtheman:

Mark Grant
22-01-2016, 21:43
Bloody good stuff that. Some of my mains leads are made with it, and my filter is wired throughout with Furukawa (as Mark knows only too well)! :)

Marco.

Oh yes it's good stuff but a beast to work with as Alan will find out :D

The cores striped out of the cable are good for internally rewiring a mains block, it does appear to be waste of all the screening and cable jacket to rip it to bits but very good cable cores.

Marco
22-01-2016, 22:18
Oh I know it's a bitch to work with, but BOY is it better than just about any other mains cable on the market - although that French stuff I picked up for buttons is also rather good! :eyebrows: ;)

Marco.

Marco
22-01-2016, 22:21
Just the one mains lead...for my power amp....I'm using the Shunyata..into the mains conditioner..and Merlin Silvermann labs clarity3 in the rest...My pal brought his Furukawa yesterday..and tried it in my power amp...and woooosh...but he'd put braiding on it...and couldn't remember what it was called..He did say Furukawa..but other people were telling me it is Oyaide cable...both correct of course..as Furukawa made the cable for Oyaide...I'll stop rambling on now..haha.

Nice one, Alan. You're gonna love it, when you get the chance to relax to some music with it, for a period of time. It reveals details in the mix, and drives music along with such power and purpose, almost like nothing else I've heard. Shame that they've discontinued it! :)

Marco.

mad-moon
22-01-2016, 22:40
Oh I know it's a bitch to work with, but BOY is it better than just about any other mains cable on the market - although that French stuff I picked up for buttons is also rather good! :eyebrows: ;)

Marco.

je vous prie...Monsieur Marco....dévoiler un secret

Marco
22-01-2016, 23:57
Pas de problème, mon ami. Regardez ici:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?35497-Cable-Pic-s-of-how-you-arrange-your-cables&p=604375#post604375

:cool:

Marco.

mad-moon
23-01-2016, 00:35
Pas de problème, mon ami. Regardez ici:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?35497-Cable-Pic-s-of-how-you-arrange-your-cables&p=604375#post604375

:cool:

Marco.

Ahhh, quelle bonny day mon garcon...cos a tarks french aswell the nars...

did you contact them through that email address on the first page...?

Marco
23-01-2016, 00:57
Aye, moi, I spreken ze effluent Italian, French, English and Glaswegian. Nae bother at all, by the way, gringo! :D

The Nexans 'French' cable in question is available from Farnell. You'd probably have to email them about it :)

Marco.

mad-moon
23-01-2016, 14:24
Holy shit!.....erm..I mean goodness me!. I've just taken delivery of 1.5 mtrs of the Oyaide 2mm stuff from David at MCRU...put on a couple of furutech ends...and put it in the power amp..yep..that makes a difference...but then I put it in the conditioner..and put the Shunyata back in the power amp...and wooosh!...goodness knows how much better the 2.6 is gonna be?....

Marco
23-01-2016, 18:02
Even better, I can assure you! I've got the 2.6 on my Copper amp, and it's stunning - but BOY is it a stiff and unwieldy fat trouser snake... :eyebrows:

Marco.

mad-moon
30-01-2016, 18:53
The Furukawa has arrived...tried it into my power amp first...then in the wall to my conditioner...it seems to like the wall better...lovely cable...it lets the juice in...big stylee...