PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - new to Forum!

Nightingale
21-01-2016, 14:25
Hello everyone. Just joined. Interest in mainly 70/80s rock and mainstream classical depending on mood. Mostly vinyl collection but trying to squeeze better sound out of pile of old CDs. System: LP12, Mission mechanic [2nd generation], Koetsu Urushi ; Anthem Audio CD; Anthem Integrated 2. Sometimes switch to Sugden A21 and/or Marantz CD14. Oh,and Tascam 122 Mk III cassette recorder mainly for grabbing live radio broadcasts. Amazing with good tapes! Currently using NHT 2.5 spkrs. Live in UK, East Midlands.

trio leo
21-01-2016, 17:47
Hi Nick,
Welcome to the AoS from me, some serious kit you have there, always nice to welcome another vinyl player,
plenty of like minded folk here on this friendly forum.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

struth
21-01-2016, 17:50
Welcome aboard nick. Hope you find the info you are looking for. The digital section is where to ask.

we also have a what you spinning classical section etc in musical comps.

walpurgis
22-01-2016, 10:13
Hello Nick. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice selection of equipment you have. I'd expect some decent sounds from that.

If you have any plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

There's a Gallery section if you like to post any photos.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Floyddroid
22-01-2016, 13:18
Welcome sir. Great to have another vinyl man on board.

Spectral Morn
23-01-2016, 11:34
Welcome to AoS

Lawrence001
23-01-2016, 21:46
Hi Nick and welcome. I have been using my NHT 2.5i recently (are yours the non-i I've never actually heard of them but I guess they must have existed before the i!). I tend to find them quite laid back in the treble I was surprised to see a number of US reviews saying they can be a bit bright and even spitty. I put this down to the popularity of low to mid fi receivers there as they are a tricky load in the bass which I would imagine would accentuate the treble if driven poorly. They actually sound very organic in the mids and highs to me, I've never been able to explain what that actually means but it just seems to make sense when i hear these. I have surprisingly had some very nice sessions listening to them near field where the performers were in a little holographic stage between the naturally toed in mid and high speakers, and also played with widening the soundstage successfully (in normal listening when room limitations meant I could not put them as far apart as they like ) by turning them outwards so that the fronts face directly away from the rear wall. Would be interested to hear your experience,

Lawrence