PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from a new member

Colin2040
20-01-2016, 23:05
I've been loitering for some time but finally decided to join. My main location is in Argyll and Bute where the proper hifi is based and I travel around scotland a bit so have a man cave on the fife riviera.
Main system is a Sony psx 60 currently fitted with a Pickering cartridge. A also have a lenco 75 custom diy table with ortofon as212 and I think shure fitted at the moment.
Preamp is a Vincent sa91 with Vincent 991 class a monos.MF CD player 3.5, a Sonos connected in with a 70's Sony cassette deck.my wife has cassettes so this was added. Speakers are Elac fs189 with chord bidirectional and interconnects are jps..
I listen to various music,from some of my sons current collection which is very varied to mostly 70's Blues onwards, allman bros, Johnny winter etc,Lou reed frank Zappa ,big Todd fan but also like Dan fogelberg James Taylor but it is very varied. Neil Young,nils etc.

Colin

struth
20-01-2016, 23:09
Nice intro Colin. Welcome aboard.... Good musical choice and nice speakers too, the multidriver Elacs. think they are a German design. Hope you enjoy the forum; we have a number of members in the fife area.

Colin2040
20-01-2016, 23:13
Thanks grant, they are nice speakers,3.5 ways ..they are a big change for me as up until 2 months ago I had only ever used low output valves and high efficiency speakers. Must be a midlife crisis but I am enjoying the change.
I use an old integrated hitachi with system audio speakers with iPod in kirkcaldy cave.
Colin

struth
20-01-2016, 23:16
Thanks grant, they are nice speakers,3.5 ways ..they are a big change for me as up until 2 months ago I had only ever used low output valves and high efficiency speakers. Must be a midlife crisis but I am enjoying the change.
I use an old integrated hitachi with system audio speakers with iPod in kirkcaldy cave.
Colin

Ah, Lino town... my mum's family came from the kingdom, and I used to go to Kirkcaldy often. Yes, I use high efficiency full range speakers myself; prefer them

walpurgis
21-01-2016, 11:21
Hi Colin. Welcome to AOS.

A custom L75? Should be nice with the AS212. Just doing one up myself at the moment. There's a big revival of interest in the Lencos at the moment (reflected in their rising prices).

You could post some system photos in the Gallery section. They'd be of interest. (I'd certainly like to see what your L75 looks like)

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Colin2040
21-01-2016, 12:18
I will do some at the weekend. I have to put back together as I have removed the brake mechanism.shouldnt take long though.i will do some of the main system as well
Colin