PDA

View Full Version : hi there

dEMontblanc
15-01-2016, 17:12
Hi,

My name is Mike, I'm 37 and I live in Belgium, at the coastal town Blankenberge.
I've been an international dj for over 20 years playing Housemusic in clubs.
I listen to pretty much everything at home BUT House, like classical, jazz, blues, hip-hop, etc..
So i have room stacked with vinyl, which I cherish ofcourse :)

But recently a friend of mine called me, saying that her uncle died, who left her lots of vinyls and an old record player, if I was interested ?
I am always interested , they were about 300 mint condition classical LP's and....a fully working Garrard 301 !!
Unfortunately the record player was build into a cabinet, so now i'm going to restore it, and bring it back to life as it should be !
I would like to rebuild it in birch ( as i read ) and i was wondering if anybody on the forum has the plans/blueprints, for the cutouts of this incredible machine?

walpurgis
15-01-2016, 19:17
Hello Mike. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure that of you start a thread in the Analogue Arts section with your ideas for the 301, you'll get loads of replies. The Garrards are popular. Adding some photos of what you have may be useful.

Tell us about the rest of your system and what plans, if any, you may have for it.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.