PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New member Keith Sullivan here to share my passion for music...

Keith Sullivan
10-01-2016, 23:55
Hi,

I joined this site a few days ago while searching for info on the BSR/ADC remote controlled turntables from the 70's.

I am an avid music fan who's been collecting records for over 40 years. I've amassed over 50,000 Lp's and never tire of looking for those great long lost finds.

I also play drums and repair vintage audio video equipment in my spare time. I've also embraced the modern world of computers and audio/video mastering to CD, DVD and now Blu Ray. My CD collection is impressive but will never overshadow my love for records.

I just recently acquired an old Nak PCM recorder (upgraded Sony F1) in order to playback a digital Beta tape of a local Band radio broadcast concert from 1989. The tape hadn't run in a machine for 27 years and had to be rewound first however it ran perfectly and has now been preserved on CD...

I have a wide taste in music thanks to my mother's influences. From Country Music to Celtic, Jazz, Blues, Rock and Pop...from various countries.

My first love was 60's folk and irish music however that changed to Rock & Pop by the mid 70's.

I have 4 stereo systems throughout my house including a Pioneer Elite surround setup with Luxman TT, CD, DVD-Audio, Blu Ray etc...in my livingroom, a Sansui Quad 9001 setup in the rec room with all related Quad sound sources, my very first 2 channel stereo setup in my bedroom...plus a 16-32 track studio setup for recording/restoring and mastering various types of audio formats to HDD and Disc.

Thanks for listening! :) Keith

walpurgis
11-01-2016, 00:10
Hello Keith/Lawrence. Welcome to AOS.

So, what do we call you? You signed as Keith and put Lawrence in your profile. A little confusing :).

Sounds like you have some interesting equipment. Some pictures in our gallery section would be appreciated.

I take it you need info about the ADC Accutrac related turntables. Maybe somebody here can help. I know nothing about them, but do enjoy a small collection of ADC cartridges.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

RichB
11-01-2016, 00:20
50,000 LPs:stalks:

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

Welcome to AoS.

trio leo
11-01-2016, 02:24
Hi Lawrence,
Welcome to the AoS from me, 50,000 lp's!!! wow, that must take some storage area, hope you find interesting stuff here.

Ejoy your music :)

cheers Al

Keith Sullivan
14-01-2016, 16:55
Hi, Yes, I go by my second name, Keith...

I'll post some pics when I get a chance later. :)

Hello Keith/Lawrence. Welcome to AOS.

So, what do we call you? You signed as Keith and put Lawrence in your profile. A little confusing :).

Sounds like you have some interesting equipment. Some pictures in our gallery section would be appreciated.

I take it you need info about the ADC Accutrac related turntables. Maybe somebody here can help. I know nothing about them, but do enjoy a small collection of ADC cartridges.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Floyddroid
14-01-2016, 18:20
A massive welcome.
Hi, Yes, I go by my second name, Keith...

I'll post some pics when I get a chance later. :)

Barry
09-02-2016, 14:37
Welcome to AoS Laurence.

Over 50,000 LPs! :eek: Is that a typo, or do you really have that many? When do you find time to play them - if you were to play each one consecutively, around the clock, it would take you nearly 4 years to do so!

Enjoy the Forum (when you have the time! ;))

Regards
Barry

Flanders
09-02-2016, 23:43
Bloody hell Keith, I only have 4 crates full and haven't listened to them all yet!
Kudos to you for restoring/archiving the old stuff. :youtheman: