PDA

View Full Version : New enthusiast saying hello!

robertzombie
06-01-2016, 22:23
Hello everyone at the Art of Sound, I'm Robert :) I've been instructed by the helpful welcome message to, er, post a welcome message!

Well, where to start.. I'm 25, living in London. I've been a music fan all my life but got into hi-fi about three years ago when I moved into my first flat and had a space of my own. I started off with a second hand vintage set-up of Techincs and Wharfedale gear, instantly caught the hifi bug of course. Acquired a NAD 3020 and Pioneer A400 to hear what all the fuss was about. Then, mid-2015, I decided to invest some cash in a modern amp and DAC. I auditioned Arcam, Creek, Musical Fidelity, Roksan, and finally Rega. I'm very pleased with my set up at the moment, I think my old Mission speakers that I acquired in mint condition play nicely with the Rega electronics to produce a pleasant sound stage in my small living room.

In addition to listening, I also sing in a rock band and promote contemporary post-punk nights in North London. My favourite genres are post-punk and jazz. My favourite band, The Sisters of Mercy.

Here's a shot of my rig I took last night. That's a Nakamichi DR-10 in between the Regas, inherited from my great uncle who too was an enthusiast.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10854_10153863194017888_1613903381358920177_n.jpg? oh=8b6fe85af512a2cf359838b94eff8894&oe=5718C7E2

struth
06-01-2016, 22:46
Hi, and welcome Robert. Hope you enjoy the forum. Any reason to join up or are you just up for some audio banter?

AlfaGTV
06-01-2016, 23:24
Welcome Robert!
Beautiful kit and good taste in music, also like Floodland and Vision Thing!
I'm a little confused though, is post-punk the genre you'd use to describe Sisters? I find it very difficult to put different acts into genres meself...
Regards /Mike

walpurgis
07-01-2016, 00:01
Hello Robert. Welcome to AOS.

Glad to see you've made some decent choices with your Hi-Fi system.

Do you have any plans for equipment changes?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

robertzombie
07-01-2016, 07:35
Hi, and welcome Robert. Hope you enjoy the forum. Any reason to join up or are you just up for some audio banter?
Hi :) I found a lot of my recent google searches were pointing here so thought I'd join up :D

Welcome Robert!
Beautiful kit and good taste in music, also like Floodland and Vision Thing!
I'm a little confused though, is post-punk the genre you'd use to describe Sisters? I find it very difficult to put different acts into genres meself...
Regards /Mike
Hmm.. I think post-punk might be the easiest way to describe the Sisters without offending too many people :lol: Definitely not a G*** band, of course ;)

Hello Robert. Welcome to AOS.

Glad to see you've made some decent choices with your Hi-Fi system.

Do you have any plans for equipment changes?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.
Hi Geoff, no real plans at the moment - just enjoying the music. My cartridge is about 18 months old now, it's an AT440MLa. I might look to upgrade this year if necessary :)