PDA

View Full Version : FS Rack Mount 2U Cases Perfect for Projects

Primalsea
19-10-2009, 18:55
I bought these a while ago and never really finished the projects for them. 6 years later I think its time to let them go.

These are quite large and would easily fit a valve amp project.

I have 1 case new boxed. £15 - delivery would be about £15.

I have 1 unboxed with some very minor marks on the front panel. It was going to be a DAC and I got as far as screwing in a wood base inside the box, 3 spiked feet, a phono socket and IEC socket on the back. £10 - delivery £15

I have one that was nearly finished as a Transport. It has serious amounts of chipboard inside making it very heavy. It has a high current S/M supply with extra filtering, loads of filtering actually. The drive is a modified DC Rom transport on shock absorbing rubber mounts. I have cut the hatchway on the top but never go as far as the lid. It also needs 2 buttons mounted on the case and soldered to the button contacts on the CD Rom. These will basically be Play/Stop Open/Close (if you mechanise the door) otherwise you will have to press this in order for the CD Rom to read the disc.

All this for £10 but very heavy so collection only unless you can fine a cheap delivery service.

Collection welcome on all things