PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all! :)

canuckaudioguy
05-01-2016, 14:55
Hello TAS!

I am a newbie around here, although I do lurk from time to time.

I have a passion for this lovely hobby we call hi-fi. I've been enjoying it for just about 4 years now. It's been a long and very interesting journey. :) I am looking forward to discussing the finer points of high fidelity with everyone here!

Jeffrey

Spectral Morn
05-01-2016, 14:58
Hello TAS!

I am a newbie around here, although I do lurk from time to time.

I have a passion for this lovely hobby we call hi-fi. I've been enjoying it for just about 4 years now. It's been a long and very interesting journey. :) I am looking forward to discussing the finer points of high fidelity with everyone here!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey, this is AoS not TAS :scratch: but you are very welcome anyway.

canuckaudioguy
05-01-2016, 19:32
Jeffrey, this is AoS not TAS :scratch: but you are very welcome anyway.

Hah! I thought it was abbreviated TAS.. my bad :-) Thanks for the correction.

archiesdad
05-01-2016, 20:45
Evening and welcome to AoS Jeffrey, don't lurk just leap in.

trio leo
05-01-2016, 21:12
Hi Jeffrey,
Welcome to the AoS from me, tell us about your system and any plans you may have for it, any photos?

what kind of music do you follow?

enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

walpurgis
05-01-2016, 21:40
Hello Jeffrey. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us about your system. Also, please feel free to post equipment photos in the Gallery section. They'll be appreciated.

Let us know what plans you may have for system changes.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

canuckaudioguy
05-01-2016, 21:55
Hi Jeffrey,
Welcome to the AoS from me, tell us about your system and any plans you may have for it, any photos?

what kind of music do you follow?

enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

Hello Jeffrey. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us about your system. Also, please feel free to post equipment photos in the Gallery section. They'll be appreciated.

Let us know what plans you may have for system changes.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Thanks for the welcome! I posted about my system over in the Gallery already, please have a look and let me know what you think. It's still a work in progress but it's getting closer everyday. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?42393-The-quest-for-the-ultimate!

As for music, lately I've been listening to a LOT of smooth jazz. My favourite genres would have to be orchestral works (I particularly like listening to movie soundtracks), jazz of many forms, some blues, I do enjoy some pop as well, I really adore 80s music (I know many don't but, there are so many gems in there and I like the spacious sound 80s recordings have), I like rock and metal as well, especially symphonic metal (like, speed metal for example). Death metal is really not my thing though. I'm not at all a fan of most country, but I do like older country (from the 50s and 60s). Big band and swing is fun, too. Ahh.. what else.. there's probably more but that should give you an idea of what I like.

Evening and welcome to AoS Jeffrey, don't lurk just leap in.

Thanks archiesdad, I intend to. :)