PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Romania

fab
30-12-2015, 19:00
Hello!

Been lurking this forum for some time and decided to make "the big step". :D
The main reason for signing up is the M2Tech Young DAC, which I own for almost two weeks. I'm looking to find the best bang-for-the-buck mods for it.
The rest of my system is composed of Unison Research Unico amplifier and Triangle Antal EX speakers.

Quick question: does this forum allow private messages to be sent?

walpurgis
30-12-2015, 19:27
Hi Fabian. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to.

You have a nice system. The Unico amplifier and Triangle speakers should sound very nice together.

I believe you will need to make 5 or 6 posts, before the private message facility becomes available.

If you have questions about your DAC, start a thread in the Digital Expressions section and ask away. I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

fab
30-12-2015, 19:43
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Will make a thread in Digital Expressions section and ask for some guidance.

vouk
31-12-2015, 06:11
Bună Ziua Fabian şi bun venit la AOS!

May I ask, whereabouts in Romania are you located? I spend about two months every summer in your lovely country, primarily in Murighiol by the Danube Delta but also between Bucharest & Constanţa.
You have a lovely system there; I've owned Triangle speakers in the past (Ventis XS & Solis) and happen to be quite familiar with all of the Unison Research products (Unico and Unison series alike) - you can probably tell that I have a thing about Italian hifi.
I recently spent a week or so with a loaner M2Tech Young Dac in my system - it's an impressive piece of kit. Would be happy to offer suggestions about possible upgrades or modifications though I think it's great as it is.
Enjoy your stay at AOS.
Best
-j.

fab
31-12-2015, 09:09
Hello, John!
I'm from Craiova. I'm getting accommodated with the Young and like it very much even with that phone charger look-alike PSU. After reading what a good power supply and some mods can do, the DIYer in me can't help but make those modifications.

As for music, I can't really define what I like to listen. Pretty much everything that has a string based instrument/decent vocal makes me happy. Oh, and I almost forgot the saxophone, it sounds wonderful on Triangle speakers.

Happy new year to everyone!

struth
31-12-2015, 09:31
Welcome to AoS Fabian. There are a few young dac owners here