PDA

View Full Version : Shure SRH 1540 Headphones

Darren Cotter
30-12-2015, 14:24
Please delete this thread and my account.

Marco
30-12-2015, 14:26
Hi Darren,

How much were the headphones when you bought them new in September? :)

Marco.

Darren Cotter
30-12-2015, 18:29
Hi Marco

They were purchased new on the 5th September 2015 from www.hifiheadphones.co.uk. Are you interested?

Regards

Darren

Marco
30-12-2015, 18:40
Hi Darren,

It was simply for the benefit of potential buyers, as folk like to see how much they're saving on the new price. Unfortunately however, your link doesn't indicate that (as it just leads to a generic page on the website, and not specifically to the Shure headphones in question).

Basically, if you tell folks how much you paid for the headphones originally, then they'll know how much of a saving they're making, and you're more likely to sell them as a result :)

Marco.

Darren Cotter
30-12-2015, 18:47
Hi Marco

Unfortunately, they no longer sell that model any more.

Regards

Darren

Marco
30-12-2015, 18:57
Okies... So how much did you pay for them in September, or is that TOP SECRET? :lol:

;)

Marco.

Darren Cotter
30-12-2015, 19:29
I'd prefer that any prospective buyer look at retailers selling the SRH 1540 and make their mind up. I purchased it using "Promotion codes" I had on my account, so my purchase price doesn't bear any resemblance to another person buying the same item.

Bigman80
30-12-2015, 19:38
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/30/f062733423a8dc1f44e3ef77a540402c.jpg

Not saving THAT much by the looks of it. Good bins though.

Darren Cotter
30-12-2015, 19:42
Buy it from them then!

Bigman80
30-12-2015, 19:46
Maybe the context from your post is lost on me but that seems a bit arsey ?

It's a post for the info people are asking for and you refuse to post. This is a Forum and everyone can comment so relax.

I would buy from richersounds if I was in the market for headphones. They have great customer service and after sales is also excellent.

rdpx
30-12-2015, 20:27
I love this thread.

;)

Marco
30-12-2015, 20:54
Jeez... Yup, bit of an over-reaction there, Darren.

I apologise if my questioning (and subsequent ones from others) has upset you, but in a sales thread you really *need* to be 100% up front with everything, and most importantly, when someone asks you a direct question, answer them directly, minus any 'froth'.

Anyway, let's not fall out about it :)

Marco.

lordmortlock
30-12-2015, 21:12
I'm with Darren all the way here.

I've probably sold a hundred items on various hifi sites (this one included) and I've never felt the need to include the price I paid, nor been asked. The items always sell.

Any buyer with anything approaching half a brain will google said item and decide if they feel the price asked is fair.

The comments made here detract from the ad for the item and potentially undermine a sale.

Poor show. I'd be as cross as Darren if it were my thread.

Bigman80
30-12-2015, 21:52

I've probably sold a hundred items on various hifi sites (this one included) and I've never felt the need to include the price I paid, nor been asked. The items always sell.

Any buyer with anything approaching half a brain will google said item and decide if they feel the price asked is fair.

The comments made here detract from the ad for the item and potentially undermine a sale.

Just thinking.......if i were to buy an item second hand i probably wouldn't ask how much the seller had paid either BUT someone did and then it all got a bit cloak and dagger.

I defo would have googled the item and also done a bit of background on second hand prices too.

There was no malice in posting the Richersounds price or attempt to upset anyone. I saw that Darren had asked for the post and his account to be deleted and i think this is a bit OTT so hopefully he reconsiders and continues to contribute to the forum.

Marco
30-12-2015, 22:11

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, Jake.

IMO, a straight question deserves a straight answer, minus any waffle, whether it's on a sales thread or anywhere else on the forum. I can't understand the defensiveness Darren has shown, or see why any reasonable person would take exception to being asked such a harmless and simple question, sorry! :)

Marco.

Marco
30-12-2015, 22:56
Also, Jake, I've just had a look through your contributions... You don't seem to do much else here but sell stuff. Now, while that's fine, you're not exactly giving anything back to the community, so it certainly doesn't put you in the best of positions to criticise anyone! ;)

Remember that AoS isn't simply yours or anyone else's free advertising tool.

Marco.

Bigman80
30-12-2015, 23:09
Also, Jake, I've just had a look through your contributions... You don't seem to do much else here but sell stuff. Now, while that's fine, you're not exactly giving anything back to the community, so it certainly doesn't put you in the best of positions to criticise anyone! ;)

Remember that AoS isn't simply yours or anyone else's free advertising tool.

Marco.

SHOTS FIRED !!! as my daughter would say lol

lordmortlock
31-12-2015, 07:55
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, Jake.

IMO, a straight question deserves a straight answer, minus any waffle, whether it's on a sales thread or anywhere else on the forum. I can't understand the defensiveness Darren has shown, or see why any reasonable person would take exception to being asked such a harmless and simple question, sorry! :)

Marco.

No issues at all with that sentiment Marco, more the application.

There's tens of pages of live ads on this site. Presumably you'll now be posting on each of those, asking the op what they paid for the item originally?

gadgie
31-12-2015, 08:18
I don't see the need for a poster to mention how much the item being sold cost when bought. What if it was a gift or in a trade deal etc.
In fact I'm struggling to think of any other forum that would require that info. I don't see how it could help to sell something either.
1. what if the person got it in a gift...IE for nothing. Then decides to sell it for a 75% of a the new price saying 'unwanted gift'. Will a prospective buyer then say that 25% of a new item is too much because the person got it for nothing?
2. what if the guy bought it for full price and now selling it for a 20% reduction. Still 5% more than the guy that got it for nothing but is taking a bigger 'hit' on it.
3. what if the seller just plain tells lies as to how much they paid for it simply to make it look more expensive.
I really don;t think it's the business of anyone other than the seller as to how must it cost them.
You don't go in to a garage and ask a saleman how much they bought the car in for.
You don;t go into a supermarket and ask what the wholesale price is before parting with your hard earned for a tin of beans
Also, and hoping not to face the wrath of the mods.....................I went to the 'private exhibitions' and open a random thread. Interesting that the last post was by a mod. Yet no mention was made of the requirement for a 'bought for' price to be added. just mention of a comment made by another forum user not being useful...or something like that.
when I saw this thread yesterday I thought it was a strange question to ask to be honest.
If someone want to say how much it cost them then fair enough. However, they should not be ridiculed for not saying.
Internet is a great thing, if you want to know about something....Google it.

Marco
31-12-2015, 08:29
No-one's "ridiculing" anyone, Brian. Opinions are simply being expressed as to what some of us see as an over-reaction from Darren. It's as simple as that. You disagree, and that's fine.

Also, there is no "need" for a seller to mention how much they paid for something. It's not a rule. However, if asked the question by someone, then it's reasonable to expect a simple and polite answer, without the need for a strop.

Marco.

lordmortlock
31-12-2015, 08:31
No-one's "ridiculing" anyone, Brian. Opinions are simply being expressed as to what some of us see as an over-reaction from Darren. It's as simple as that. You disagree, and that's fine.

Also, there is no "need" for a seller to mention how much they paid for something. It's not a rule. However, if asked the question by someone, then it's reasonable to expect a simple and polite answer, without the need for a strop.

Marco.

But why ask? What's the relevance? I refer to my first post.

Marco
31-12-2015, 08:39
No issues at all with that sentiment Marco, more the application.

There's tens of pages of live ads on this site. Presumably you'll now be posting on each of those, asking the op what they paid for the item originally?

Please don't be facetious, Jake. It's not constructive and doesn't help.

I read sales threads at random, and if I think something needs addressed, or want to ask a question, then I do it. Presumably, you'll be contributing elsewhere to this community for a change, rather than using the site simply as your free advertising tool?

See, two can play that game! ;)

On that note, I don't see any further value in keeping this thread open. If the OP changes his mind at some point, it can be reopened then.

Marco.