PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Merry Christmas

knigma
29-12-2015, 19:54
Hi,

A quick introductory mail as requested :)

I've a couple of original Slimdevices Squeezebox 2 players that are my main sources.

My main system is a very old Technics amp (bought > 20 years ago with my first pay cheque) connected to some old but trusty B+W speakers (bought with my next few pay cheques). It's time to buy a new amp I think, now all of the switches and pots are rather noisy, so I'm thinking about the PM6005.

My secondary system is a Marantz PM6004 connected to some bookshelf Tannoy speakers.

Alas my Squeezebox players have become all sticky (seems this is a common problem with the rubber paint that was used), so I either need to get new cases (does Patrick Dixon still sell these?) or alternatively I will build something with a HiFiBerry and the Raspberry Pi 2.

I enjoy a huge range of music: favourite bands are Queen, Floyd, Beatles and Metallica but that's just a subset which also extends to blues, jazz and classical.

Eagle owl
30-12-2015, 06:55
Hello and welcome Mark.

Geoff. :wave:

walpurgis
30-12-2015, 10:36
Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. If your Technics amp is a bit noisy, why not give it a simple service. Folks here can advise you. Just start a thread in the Blank Canvas area about it.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.