PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: anything.

Bigman80
28-12-2015, 16:20
Hi all,

Decided I'm going to try and build a DIY turntable. However I have nothing to start off with.
So I'm looking for donor parts/tables. Anything that may be gathering dust and occupying space

I will be building the plinth myself. Either concrete, plaster or something a bit different.

So, if you have anything you want to donate, let me know.

sumday
28-12-2015, 19:51
hello, I have a (don't laugh!!) budget direct drive DJ table if you could use it.
its a SOUNDLAB DLP3R and its really trying to be a TECHNICS SL1200....but failing!!
my idea when I was given this was to rip out the the motor/platter and insert it into a solid lump of timber with a linn basic arm.
sadly I gave up long ago (along with my vinyl) so its now gathering dust.
the table is complete and the motor is good, with lots of torque and and no speed issues.......comes with a wornout Stanton cart!!!

if you could use it PM me...

NIGE.

agk
28-12-2015, 20:04
Gumtree is well worth a look for cheap decks Oliver. Quite often a bargain about.

agk
28-12-2015, 21:40
Gumtree is well worth a look for cheap decks Oliver. Quite often a bargain about.

Bigman80
28-12-2015, 23:03

I've been looking daily, unfortunately the Bay has this habit of pushing prices up for what I'd class a run of the mill tables. If you see anything by chance let me know !!

Thanks

walpurgis
28-12-2015, 23:24
Try a Lenco. They can be bought at low prices for one that needs a bit of a sort out. But spares are plentiful and not too dear and the turntables are dead easy to work on and refurbish. They also sound very good indeed.

Bigman80
28-12-2015, 23:27
Try a Lenco. They can be bought at low prices for one that needs a bit of a sort out. But spares are plentiful and not too dear and the turntables are dead easy to work on and refurbish. They also sound very good indeed.

I'll keep my eye open. Thanks.

Bigman80
28-12-2015, 23:28
hello, I have a (don't laugh!!) budget direct drive DJ table if you could use it.
its a SOUNDLAB DLP3R and its really trying to be a TECHNICS SL1200....but failing!!
my idea when I was given this was to rip out the the motor/platter and insert it into a solid lump of timber with a linn basic arm.
sadly I gave up long ago (along with my vinyl) so its now gathering dust.
the table is complete and the motor is good, with lots of torque and and no speed issues.......comes with a wornout Stanton cart!!!

if you could use it PM me...

NIGE.

PM'd you.

agk
28-12-2015, 23:40
Gumtree not eGay.

Bigman80
28-12-2015, 23:44
I know, eGay is being used as a pricing system for second hand hifi which is inflating prices on mediocre kit. Maybe should've explained it better !

Lol

walpurgis
28-12-2015, 23:55
Still plenty of proper bargains on eBay if you've an eye for them. A lot of my gear is from eBay and I only pay serious money when it's something really special (to me).

Bigman80
30-12-2015, 13:07
Still scrounging.