PDA

View Full Version : Greets from Nor Cal (Pleasanton)....

AnalogRob
15-12-2015, 00:47
Rob here checkin-in w/my 1st one....found this forum while searching for Kenrick Sound (Japan). I stumbled upon all the youtube uploads from Kenrick as I'm pretty much a fanboy of all things JBL. I was curious as to what's new these days w/re to my old classic (imo) JBL L65's. They were my 1st major high-end (for me anyway) purchase back in 1980 (hard earned tennis teaching $$ @ age 17) when I was informed of a recent divorce' fire sale that included a pair of fairly new at the time L65's...the floor standers w/glass tops. $300 for the pair which I suppose back then was considered a fairly decent steal for such well built screamers. Evidently as the story went...her ex ran out leaving her w/much of his toys for which she wasn't all that into.....right time & place kinda thing...lucky me I guess. So that's when it all began as I started to build my rig around the speakers....which have been oh-so kind to me through the yrs....by far among one of my best buys for the money.

Anyhow....guess I should save the rest for the appropriate thread here...or at least not dive into everything else right off the bat in the Welcome thread. Having said this, I was hoping that perhaps Mr. Kenrick has been known to check-in here on occasion as I'd really like to follow him & ask a few questions of him as he does what certainly looks to be some pretty killer mods on all things JBL....man alive have I been enjoying his youtube channel. If you like JBL & have never seen his channel....I highly recommend it...now I wanna go to Japan even more so. ;) But if he does happen to be a member here & someone knows the alias he uses.....by all means pls point me in the right direction.....tia! Regardless, I'm looking forward to learning from everyone else here as in no way would I ever begin to consider myself an expert on any of this stuff. I simply truly appreciate quality sound & the components that come w/the territory. W/re to much of the techy/spec stuff....I'm gonna do my best to be a sponge learning whatever I can from the Sage's of this joint....certainly lookin forward to talkin shop w/everyone....Cheers!!

Firebottle
15-12-2015, 07:55
Hi Rob, good tale and nice find.

Welcome aboard :cool:

walpurgis
15-12-2015, 14:35
Hello Rob. Welcome to AOS.

Nice find the L65s. I've always liked those. First heard a pair back in the seventies. Some pictures of those would be good in the Gallery section.

Tell us what music you like and about the rest of your system and any plans you may have for it.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.