PDA

View Full Version : My id shouldn't be confusing to anyone that loves records

FlatterPlatterdothMatter
14-12-2015, 06:55
I guess curved and warped records do add a certain audio patina to a song but I prefer listening to them without the lapse that warps add...

My ID is just a play on words and is one that anyone that spends any amount of time collecting or playing records of any size will agree that warping detracts from the listening pleasure.

I have a modest collection of about 3520 33rpm records, several hundred 75rpm, approx. 1500 45rpm and 3241 compact discs that are cataloged and shelved according to genre and alphabetized as well. I have 7 turntables and am accumulating cartridges and testing them to find the one or ones that I like best.

I am interested in hearing from anyone that has found an intelligent method of storing and shelving 45rpm records because they really have caused me a headache for how to store them in a practical manner and to be able to find the record or song I want in a relatively short time...

Suggestions, ideas or input is appreciated. smart ass comments are not.

Marco
14-12-2015, 07:00
Hi James,

Welcome to AoS! What system have you got and what music do you like? :)

Those are the sorts of things that should be discussed in an introduction. The other stuff about records should be kept for a separate thread in the main forum :cool:

Marco.

walpurgis
14-12-2015, 11:36
Hello James. Welcome to AOS.

Describe your system for us and tell us what music you like.

The collection of turntables and cartridges sounds interesting. Perhaps you could put a few photos in the Gallery section.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.