PDA

View Full Version : Hi there,

Perister
10-12-2015, 16:14
Hello everybody,
My name is Nikos and I come from the tortured Greece
I call the lovely City of Bristol, home for the last 7 years, on top of another 5 years spend in UK as a pre & post graduate student.
UK is my second home, and (dare I say) Bristol is the best place I ever lived, it is also where the Audiophile bug catched me for the second time in my life, first one was during my student days,
My system briefly comprises of :
Amp, Musical Fidelity M6i
Dac, Chord Hugo
Transport, Rpi2 & MacMini
TT, Rega RP6, Dynavector DV20X2
Phono, Dynavector P75mk3
Headphones, Audeze LCD3F, Sens HD800, Sens HD650
Headphone Amp, Schitt Mjolnir,

I listen mainly to Jazz, classical and some few psychedelic 60s. The odd Rock or Pop is here and there in my database as well.
happy to join the forum!

struth
10-12-2015, 16:19
Welcom Nikos.. I take it yoursecond name isnt mad...lol and that was a typo:eyebrows: anyways welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it. Some nice gear you have. We have a lot of members from the Bristol area

Perister
10-12-2015, 16:50
Damn autocorrect, I meant to write 'and' but...
In this case though, there is a bit of truth, all Greeks are a bit mad:)

struth
10-12-2015, 16:54
Damn autocorrect, I meant to write 'and' but...
In this case though, there is a bit of truth, all Greeks are a bit mad:)

Sorry Nikos...I couldnt resist. Greece has been as you say unfairly tortured of late. Hope they get some improvement soon. A country id like to have visited

Perister
10-12-2015, 20:05
Hi Grant,

I said tortured, not unfairly, and the truth is (as usual) somewhere in the middle.
there are a lot to be done, and I am sure that with some inspirational leadership, Greeks could do it, but I very much doubt our current administration.
do visit though, it is a lovely place, winter or summer:)

P.S. I insist, we are a bit mad though!

Gazjam
10-12-2015, 20:26
Hi Nikolaos :)
Welcome aboard.

Bristols a great City,been to a couple of hifi shows there.

Greece is the place where Culture came from, it's time will come again I'm sure.

Perister
10-12-2015, 21:07
Hi Nikolaos :)
Welcome aboard.

Bristols a great City,been to a couple of hifi shows there.

Greece is the place where Culture came from, it's time will come again I'm sure.

Nice to meet you guys:)
Bristol is really a great city, just a bit flat compared to Scotland!

walpurgis
10-12-2015, 21:38
Hi Nikos. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us if you have any system changes in mind.

Enjoy the forum
Geoff.

Perister
10-12-2015, 22:12
many changes in mind, but no money:)
on a more serious note, my current problem is the space. I live in a (nice) apartment, but an apartment nevertheless, so listening to music usually is a Headphone affair.
I would like, when I move to a more accommodating place, to check on a new Amp.
no complaints from my MF M6i, but I think that my speakers, which are going to remain for many years, a pair of Harbeth HL5plus, can be driven with less Watts, maybe of different kind. I would really like to try some pure class A at some point in the future.

vouk
12-12-2015, 16:54
Welcome to AOS Niko; Enjoy your stay!
-j.

archiesdad
12-12-2015, 17:16
Hi and welcome Nicos, enjoy the forum, could you get some Greek sunshine sent over? I sure we would all enjoy it.

Perister
12-12-2015, 18:25
will do Martin, but these days I am afraid the weather in Athens is colder than Bristol, even some snow in the near by hills!

thanks to all of you for the warm welcome:)