PDA

View Full Version : New Guy here

danilo
09-12-2015, 00:32
From the Wet Coast of Canada.
Where the climate is surprisingly similar to that of the UK, hence the likely rationale for the name "British Columbia"
Retired now... but still 'fooling' with my Audio bits.
Gonna get it sorted.. one day.

trio leo
09-12-2015, 01:15
Hi Danilo,
Welcome to the AoS from me, tell us a bit about your system, audio history, musical tastes etc;
we love piccies if you have any.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

danilo
09-12-2015, 01:21
Ooops didn't realise that I needed to reveal My gear and music preferences.
So then:
Thorens TT, Grado cart Hey, it works and Vinyl Does wear unfortunately.
Tannoy Golds.., Bought New in '71. Haven't heard better sounding speakers yet despite sporadic semi serious attempts
And the rascals seem to audibly improve with each Mod and there have been (too?) Many.
Current Cd player is an inexpensive NAD. It works decently well, all said and done Far better than it's predecessors.
Sony Es, Arcam twin Box CD setup..
An Arcam d290 Pre and Power amp combo.. Should have have returned it immediately...with the clarity of Hindsight.
Simply a dull lifeless contraption/combo, not even close to the purchase prices' implied quality.. grrr.
Currently using a DIY VSSA Amp, Yess it IS good no complaints at all.
Now working on a Pass Labs F6 (clone)
Wires.. really? Any that measure as of Minimal: inductance /resistance/ capacitance (yes! I measure them) Consequently Very Cheap.

Music? All the 60's and 70's drivel I misspent my youth with.. plus the usual semi popular stuff betwixt 'then ' and now.
Although I've recently developed a genuine taste for Texas Blues. Big fan of a well played guitar.

Spectral Morn
09-12-2015, 16:12
Welcome to AoS :cool:

walpurgis
10-12-2015, 16:02
Hello Danilo. Welcome to AOS.

So the climate is like here? I sympathise. Ours is rubbish :).

Interesting selection of equipment you have there. Some photos of your projects would be good in the Drawing Board section.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
10-12-2015, 16:07
Had a hail storm earlier here. Lol....anyways welcome aboard Danilo