PDA

View Full Version : Fifa , Sepp Blatter and Me

Oddball
08-12-2015, 22:35
If you didn't watch Panorama last night , then go to watch again !
Riveting :)

May Blatter and his cronies , get everything that's coming to them:D

struth
08-12-2015, 22:40
If you didn't watch Panorama last night , then go to watch again !
Riveting :)

May Blatter and his cronies , get everything that's coming to them:D

Didnt Anto, but will try and catch it on catch up soon. They , as we all knew been dipping in the till for years, although the amounts Ive heard talked about are astounding; if true many will die in nick.... FIFA should be wound up and a new body formed with completely new format and run by people who have some sort of honour

Oddball
09-12-2015, 13:41
Have a look Grant .
I accidentally caught the program ten minutes in but it was well worth the watch !! (and I rewatched the first ten , later !)
Mr Jennings the investigative reporter is a 'Columboesque ' character , very funny how he asked all awkward questions to make a nuisance of himself ,and narrated the whole thing ,which was a bit of an eye opener , and explains just why the FBI took it on themselves to sort it out:)

Macca
09-12-2015, 13:51
I saw the trailer for that but then forgot about it. I guess it is on i-player?

One bloke was likening it to an organised crime syndicate. I can remember way back in the 1980s that questions were being asked about corruption in FIFA but nothing was ever done due to the 'legendary' status of some of the ex-players involved.

Jimbo
09-12-2015, 15:15
Great programme with plenty of insights as to why their have been a few suspicions over FIFA over the last few years!

Mr Jennings is an unlikely investigative reporter but he has popped up on Radio 4 many times over the years and it looks like all his predictions have come true. He looks like a farmer but has a disarmingly acute sense of what was going on.