PDA

View Full Version : Usher v Yamaha shoot out

pcourtney
08-12-2015, 15:20
well not really, but my neighbour bought a lovely 5.1 set of Usher V series speakers for his Onkyo and DVD player this weekend

he wanted to see if the V-604 were as good as my Yamaha NS-300 speakers, so I went next door with my DSP-A2070 amp and 300 speakers, banged on the usual CD's (we have the same Denon 2910 for playing SA-CD's etc ) and even though his room is not a perfect chamber, it sounded pretty good, even his missus was stirred :scratch:

he got the five speakers for £1000 cash, the Usher centre speaker V-603, Main Stereo Pair V-604 and two rear effect V-601's

they look very nice, a bit classier than my cherry Yamaha's

the V-604 weighs just under 30kg, my NS-300 only weighs 20kg, and the Ushers are taller !

we then swapped over the 300's for the V-604's and expected them to sound amazing, and they did, what's not to like, it seems this time around all the good reviews about them were spot on :lol:

but to be honest we both looked at each other and thought they were pretty much equal, I thought the speed of the Yamaha's just had the edge, but on balance if you swapped them over back and forth, like we did, and even using a different one on each side, you wouldn't really care which set you had !

does anyone have Usher or Yamaha speakers on AoS ?
I think the Ushers are amazing value for money for used speakers !

Michael loves music
08-12-2015, 15:28
Gorgeous picture peter

pcourtney
08-12-2015, 15:38
she handles all my stuff :-)

legb4rsk
10-12-2015, 00:31
she handles all my stuff :-)

Well she has a good technique with that 12 inch.:D