PDA

View Full Version : hello

jmonel
07-12-2015, 18:13
Hi Im John been into hi fi most of my life funds permitting ...

My present system consists of a cyrus 8 qx dac amplifier ATC speakers ( carnt remember the model number) denon cd player and a Raumfeld connector (dac) streaming my ripped cds to the cyrus interconnects are copper cable as is my speaker cable the sort that conducts electricity..

Ive got a few quads 405 and 303s and 33 34 which im slowly refurbishing ( not enough time lol) JR 149 speakers again im refurbishing
been thinking about using the quads to bi amp the jrs when i finally get them finished as ive got an active crossover

Thanks for viewing

walpurgis
08-12-2015, 10:12
Hi John. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you like.

Vintage Quad gear and JR149 speakers are popular here. If you are doing refurbs there are good people you can talk to if you want tips.

Projects are always of interest and the Drawing Board section is dedicated to them. You could post what you're doing there if you'd like. It would be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

MarmiteSandwich
23-03-2016, 10:49
Hi John,
I just signed up, and one thing on my mind was whether the Raumfeld Connector is any good as a DLNA renderer. I know it is very good quality hardware with lots of functionality including "play to" DLNA streaming. What teufel seem a bit cagey about is whether it supports (and will continue to support) gapless playback in this context. I have loads of live/classical recordings where it is painful to have a 2 second silence in the middle of a performance.

I use Foobar2000 as a renderer on an old laptop, with the UPnP plugin, which is fine for gapless DLNA, but it is a bit of a clumsy solution, which I would like to replace and there is a good offer on the Raumfeld which I can take up.

Wondered how you used the Raumfeld - proprietary software or third party UPnP, and have you tested the gaplessness?
Guy

Spectral Morn
23-03-2016, 12:40
Welcome to AoS :cool:

Hope you find the forum useful and enjoyable.

Barry
25-03-2016, 18:21
Welcome to AoS John,

What sort of music do you enjoy listening to through your system?

Keep us informed on the Quad restoration- we have several Quad fans here who ought to be able to help you with any questions you have.

Barry