PDA

View Full Version : Moving present

Oldpinkman
05-12-2015, 21:20
Many thanks to cagey for pointing me to the hifi bargain to be had in France.
Complete result. I tentatively mentioned the idea to the domestic budget committee and got immediate authorisation

And I think it's only going to cost me a pair of curtains and a duvet cover set

Unbelievable :cool:

Ali Tait
05-12-2015, 21:23
Spill the beans then!

Oldpinkman
05-12-2015, 21:42
Oh, alright.

Kevin and I were discussing possibly meeting up over Christmas or new year. I was explaining we would be in the new house and if I was reasonably confident that our house sale was going through, I would ship the hifi out to France. Pt, fxr, dynavector, pips and esl63 and ventricals. All of which Kevin is keen to see.

I said I was going to really struggle having to give the ahb2 back, and if we got an exchange rate of 1.40 or better on the eventual proceeds, I would see if I could get sue to agree to buying one without a divorce. I wondered if they were cheaper in la belle France.

Not much! E2995! I thought I'd start softening her up. She wanted to talk to me about a duvet set and curtains for the bedroom. So I just said yes to anything. Then started on how even though it was a lot of money, I really was going to miss the ahb2, and they were only 2995euros in France.

"you mean that little black box at the bottom that Owen designed? "

" yup"

"yes, well it is better. I suppose we need one"

Slam dunk! :cool:

struth
05-12-2015, 21:47
...and the drug you used was?;)

Marco
05-12-2015, 21:50
Lol - love it... That's what good marriages are all about, though: COMPROMISE! ;)

A bit of give and take goes a long way, not only in creating marital bliss, but building a nice hi-fi system..... Enjoy! :cool:

Marco.

CageyH
05-12-2015, 22:17
Complete result. I tentatively mentioned the idea to the domestic budget committee and got immediate authorisation

Like this?

http://alldaychic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/her-side-his-side-duvet.jpg

I have a new one coming.

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/images/hpcProductImage/imgFull/296786-His-Hers-and-Toddler-Duvet-Set-Double-mono1.jpg

dougmon
06-12-2015, 00:43

This sounds like a good deal for you. You do know that you benefit from the duvet cover set, right? :)

Oldpinkman
06-12-2015, 07:32
This sounds like a good deal for you. You do know that you benefit from the duvet cover set, right? :)

And she benefits from the amp!!

It's the duvet cover cagey illustrated. As is the rest of the house :rolleyes:

pgarrish
06-12-2015, 15:02
Like this?

I have a new one coming.

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/images/hpcProductImage/imgFull/296786-His-Hers-and-Toddler-Duvet-Set-Double-mono1.jpg

needs turning 90 degrees.... they always sleep across the bed.

Oldpinkman
06-12-2015, 16:54
She's bought the bloody duvet and cover set already, and is getting her pound of flesh :doh:

Martyn Miles
07-12-2015, 08:44
Separate beds ?

CageyH
07-12-2015, 13:53
She's bought the bloody duvet and cover set already, and is getting her pound of flesh :doh:

You won't be moaning when you take possession of the amp.
If it eases your pain, get the amp shipped to me and I will run it in for you.

Oldpinkman
07-12-2015, 14:08
You won't be moaning when you take possession of the amp.
If it eases your pain, get the amp shipped to me and I will run it in for you.

Nice try ;)

CageyH
07-12-2015, 14:21
:eyebrows:

If you don't ask....

Oldpinkman
07-12-2015, 16:52
On a brighter note, Owen has just called to say he can't get together before Christmas - so I have the "loaner" at least until New Year

I was saying to Sue how "not straightforward" buying one in France is. I can't use my English credit card, because the French address won't match
Actually, I can't use my French debit card, because although I have a French bank account with Credit Agricole Britline, the address for that is currently my UK address
I can't change my bank account address to the French house yet, because we are not there to pick up the post

So we'll have to move, change the bank account address, and then buy the amp. I bloody hope they don't put the price up :eek:

CageyH
07-12-2015, 17:02
They will take PayPal, but you will probably need to link your French address to Your French bank account.
You can do that in advance though, as you won't get any post from PayPal. ;)

Next excuse please? :ner:

Oldpinkman
07-12-2015, 17:12
I need to set up a French email address first...

It's just SO difficult! :stalks:

CageyH
07-12-2015, 17:18
Why?

I still use a UK one.

Oldpinkman
07-12-2015, 17:49
I'll have a look a bit later. Sue wants me to set up a French email account so she can open a French ebay account, because she might start an ebay trading business in France in parallel with one of my clients UK ebay businesses.

I still need to be physically in the house, not on bank holidays, to take delivery of the thing. And given I am planning to ship all the HiFi and the home cinema to France and leave it there, I won't get to use it before we move out

But there is that nagging worry about them running out of stock and putting the price up

Oh - why is life so stressful??? :(

Oldpinkman
09-12-2015, 17:03
Hey

2 Moving presents

We've just had an invitation to the village New Years Eve party (Granes - France). We NEVER get a New Years Eve - (hosts flu, problems with taxis, dog sitting etc). This party is a 2 minute walk from the house

(I realise this thread is rapidly drifting from blank canvas, to abstract chat, but it didn't seem worth a new thread. And I am dead chuffed)

Just a bit pissed off the exchange rate has moved against me, having secured permission for the amp - but I have faith in Super Mario and his printing press.

legb4rsk
10-12-2015, 00:36
Could you not pass some good old fashioned readies to one of your new found friends & let them order it for you?