PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

Danny Craft
04-12-2015, 23:51
Hi just a bit about me, I am really into older separates it all started when I was a kid and bought myself a 70's NAD tuner amp with a wood case it lit up in blue , wish I still had it. Now I am the proud owner of a Technics SL-P1200 A and in the middle of choosing a vintage amp and speakers to go with it. I am going to write a separate post as I have a broken ribbon cable from the laser and carrier and am a bit stumped.. Anyway glad to be here. Cheers. Dan Craft.

walpurgis
05-12-2015, 00:01
Hi Dan. Welcome to AOS.

Older gear is very popular here and justifiably so. You will be in good company! :)

Tell us what music you like and what the rest of your system is or will be. What bits and pieces are you looking at?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

jollyfix
05-12-2015, 09:08
Hi Jonathan, welcome to AOS, enjoy the forum.

Danny Craft
11-12-2015, 13:08
I skimped a bit on my hello, My main aim this year is to repair my technics sl-p1200a cd player "the laser pickup main cable has degraded beyond repair" sourcing a replacement is being hard work. Then pair it to a suitable amp and speakers of a similar age maybe I am open to suggestions, thinking about a nice class AA amp to suit but quality not power is on my mind and something that will look suitable too. My music tastes are unlimited from Bach to Elvis Costello with a bit of modern electronic trance too. Anyway glad to be here all advice is very welcome. Dan.:)

Pieoftheday
11-12-2015, 18:44
jonathan, theres usually someone that can offer advice on here, Whitby, what a great place, i think ive been to most of the pubs:):cool:

Danny Craft
11-12-2015, 19:10
Well you deserve respect if you managed them all in one day :cool: Wakeys not far I take the yellow tourist boats out and do a bit of whale spotting in season.