PDA

View Full Version : blonde moment

Oldpinkman
03-12-2015, 06:30
I know it'll be my fault, probably because I've never really sussed navigating individual forums instead of just using the "today's posts" link
But I can't find the ETP platter thread. Not even my own posts on it.

I don't think the post match hangover helps. In case anyone missed it Southampton 0 Liverpool 6

What am I doing wrong :scratch:

CageyH
03-12-2015, 09:42
The wobbly ETP platter thread seems to have been deleted Richard. I assume this was at the request of the OP.
I tried to use the links in my profile but they are no longer there.

Personally I think the right thing to do is make people aware of potential issues with any product so that the manufacturer pays attention to the quality of the product they are shipping.

awkwardbydesign
03-12-2015, 09:51

Tarzan
03-12-2015, 09:55
:popcorn:

Oldpinkman
03-12-2015, 09:59
The wobbly ETP platter thread seems to have been deleted Richard. I assume this was at the request of the OP.
I tried to use the links in my profile but they are no longer there.

Personally I think the right thing to do is make people aware of potential issues with any product so that the manufacturer pays attention to the quality of the product they are shipping.

Ah - so not my technophobia this time. That seems odd. The OP's thread about selling his TT now, in the light of all the posts that were there last night seems odd.
But odder than odd, is this idea of the thread removable at will. It seems to make a nonsense of a forum. I can't find my quote regarding champagne pupitres or MN's kind response to it on the original threads either. Is THAT my technophobia, or has the razor blade of censorship gone further than the OP's right to delete his own thread?

(How do I delete one of my threads if I want to? - I am having even less success than trying to find my e-documents on my Credit Agricole bank account. Bring back parchment and quills I say)

CageyH
03-12-2015, 10:11
Definitely a blonde moment. It's still there.

Original post:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?37885-Funk-Firm-s-new-Strata-platter-and-quot-spin-quot-bearing&p=646485#post646485

The response:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?37885-Funk-Firm-s-new-Strata-platter-and-quot-spin-quot-bearing&p=646697#post646697

YNWaN
03-12-2015, 10:20
Yes, your second issue is a 'blonde moment', the disappearance of the ETP platter thread is another thing though.

Marco
03-12-2015, 10:24
No mystery involved. Andrew asked me to delete it, for his own personal reasons. As the OP, he has that right, so I did as he asked.

Marco.

Oldpinkman
03-12-2015, 10:28
No mystery involved. Andrew asked me to delete it, for his own personal reasons. As the OP, he has that right, so I did as he asked.

Marco.

Really? What fun. I hadn't realised the facility existed. Would you delete my Benchmark thread for me please?

Marco
03-12-2015, 10:32
But odder than odd, is this idea of the thread removable at will. It seems to make a nonsense of a forum.

Well, if a member has written something that they later regret, or perhaps simply change their mind about, then they have the right to ask a moderator or member of admin to remove it.

Consideration is always given as to whether or not it's the right thing to do, but if the OP feels strongly enough/upset about something he or she has written, then his or her wish is usually granted. That, and blatant trolling/spam threads, or anything that is potentially libellous, are the only acceptable circumstances for threads being deleted.

I can't find my quote regarding champagne pupitres or MN's kind response to it on the original threads either. Is THAT my technophobia, or has the razor blade of censorship gone further than the OP's right to delete his own thread?

No idea what you're referring to, Richard, but I can assure you that if it's gone, it'll have had nothing to do with censorship!

(How do I delete one of my threads if I want to?

You can't - no ordinary member can. You have to ask a member of admin or a moderator to do so, and provide them with a link to the thread in question, after which your request will be duly considered.

Marco.

Marco
03-12-2015, 10:33
Really? What fun. I hadn't realised the facility existed. Would you delete my Benchmark thread for me please?

Why would you like it deleted?

Provide me with a suitable reason, and a link to the thread concerned, and I'll consider it. Don't expect me to know exactly where it is, or to have to search for it ;)

Marco.

P.S As the thread has now been closed, if you wish to discuss your proposed thread removal, please PM me accordingly.

CageyH
03-12-2015, 10:41
Surely this kind of questioning is better carried out by PM?
If someone "regrets" posting something, asking them why on an open forum will just just add salt to the wounds?

Marco
03-12-2015, 10:46
Indeed, Kevin.

The request to close the thread was made to me by the OP, via PM. Therefore, as the question was asked why the thread was deleted, and the reason has now been given, I see no further value in this particular discussion continuing, as it simply serves to defeat the object of the original thread deletion.

Marco.

Marco
03-12-2015, 11:19
Just one final point, which I'd like to make abundantly clear... The (now deleted) thread would still be here now, had the OP not requested me to delete it for personal reasons, which I considered were warranted. There is no censorship or protecting of anyone's interests here, other than simply respecting the concerns of the OP.

The current situation is that the thread has been 'soft deleted', so still exists in its entirety, but has simply been 'held in storage', out of public view. Therefore, if Mike New decides to comment, and if at a later date Andrew is willing for his original posts to be viewed again, in order for Mike to respond accordingly, then the thread will be undeleted and reopened to allow that discussion to take place.

Furthermore, regardless of that, Mike may also take the opportunity to start a new thread of his own, in order to respond to the accusations of his ETP platter being produced to substandard levels - or he may just decide to deal with the matter in his own way, via PM or email, directly with his existing and/or potential customers. Either way, it's up to him.

In any event, we'll simply act as facilitators for whatever is required, as we have no foot in either camp, as it were.

It should also be noted that only in exceptional circumstances, such as was outlined earlier, are threads here ever deleted. Therefore, if any member has a notion for having one of their threads removed (other than simply an ad in the classifieds), it will need to be for a VERY good (and justifiable) reason!

That's it, folks :)

Marco.