PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Canada!

pianomanbtm
29-11-2015, 23:43
Hi there, I'm Branden from Canada.

I've been interested in all things antique and vintage since I was about 5. Now, 15 years later, I have refined all of my collections and gradually upgraded things as I could. One of my primary foci has always been audio. I play piano and have a very keen ear. I started out with $5 cheap stereos from the '70s with BSR turntables and 8-track decks. But I was always trying to buy better equipment.

Once I realized I was truly interested in quality audio equipment, I started buying new records (something I didn't really know existed 'til 7 years ago), and taking much better care of them. Now I have a decent (vintage) setup:

Reciever: Marantz 2240
TT: Dual CS-606 with Ortofon ULM52E cartridge
Speakers: Paradigm 3se mini

I'm looking to upgrade to a totally new system in the near future, and possibly have my 2240 re-capped for use somewhere else, hence joining this forum. I still have a lot of questions about hi-fi (mid-range hi-fi, specifically), and I'll be posting them as they come up!

My taste in music incorporates a huge variety. I can go from classical (Chopin, Mozart etc.) through to jazz, to rock, to rap, to country!

Looking forward to being part of the community! :)

struth
29-11-2015, 23:49
Hi Branden. Welcome to AoS :) Plenty of knowledgeable folk here who may be able to help you along on your road trip. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Its a nice friendly place,...mostly :D cheers Grant

walpurgis
30-11-2015, 10:22
Hi Branden. Welcome to AOS.

Glad to see you're having fun with a bit of vintage gear. It's very popular here. Mid sixties to the end of the seventies is generally regarded as the best period for 'classic' Hi-Fi.

If you have questions, just find the right area here and ask away. You'll get plenty of replies.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

archiesdad
30-11-2015, 20:23
Hi Branden, welcome.

Spectral Morn
30-11-2015, 21:21
Welcome to AOS