PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Bigman80
28-11-2015, 23:03
Hi all, I am Oli or bigman80 whichever you prefer. I'm new to the forum and actually found it by accident whilst looking for a Sony ps-6570. I currently run an Inspire HiFi Quest with moth 202 tone arm and Goldring 2100 MM cart. My amp is a NAD314 I think and speakers are celestion DL6's that have had new crossovers made. I confess they were in there when I bought them. I'm a lover of vinyl and music in general. I look forward to contributing and learning in equal measure. PS If anyone is selling a Sony ps6750 let me know lol

struth
28-11-2015, 23:06
Welcome Oliver Good deck the sony. a few guys here either have or had one. good luck with the search

walpurgis
28-11-2015, 23:56
Hello Oli. Welcome to AOS.

The PS-6570 is a decent and popular turntable. Good examples do appear for sale. Who knows? Somebody here may have one to sell. Try a 'wanted' posting in the Private Exhibitions section.

Tell us what music you like and if you have any plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

archiesdad
29-11-2015, 12:12
Morning Oli, welcome to AoS, good luck with the search.

Bigman80
03-12-2015, 14:54
Thanks for the warm welcome, As far as the TT upgrades go, i planning on getting the arm rewired and replacing the subplatter with a tangospinner. I'll also upscale the power source too to maybe a pro-ject Strobo or similar. Amp, i am always looking but i cant tear myself away from the NAD sound. it just sounds too clear and natural to me. Speakers - I will only change them when i can afford something really nice, not sure what yet.

I love The Beatles, stones, etc Cast, Blur, Fleetwood mac with peter green, GnR. anything really apart from the contrived manufactured pop of today

Bazil
03-12-2015, 19:03
Hey Oli welcome , I like all the bands you mention although not fussed on Blur but I love CAST !

RMutt
03-12-2015, 22:02
Hi-ya Oli. I bought your last turntable! Andy.

Bigman80
04-12-2015, 00:38
Lol. Small world. How's it running ? Did you get it looked at ?

Bigman80
04-12-2015, 00:40
I'm not a huge blur fan but some bits are good. It was more the Brit-pop stuff like the charlatans, stone roses etc.

RMutt
05-12-2015, 11:10
hi-ya Oli. Running great apart from the auto issue. I actually spotted your question on audiokarma, wondered if it was you, and then saw your user name here. It becomes a small world when you research these things! I had a look inside, sprayed switch cleaner and had a look at the grease etc, then gave up. It's actually away now being done. I saw a video of one in full auto mode on you tube, and thought, I really need to get this thing going. There are a couple of mini threads on here about it. I actually had a new record of Talk Talk, Spirit of Eden that I bought for the DVD Audio that came with it, never thinking I would play it. It sounded superb, much better than I remembered LP's sounding. But then all my other gear is so much better than back then, so I suppose it all adds up. I'll post a video when I get it back.

Bigman80
05-12-2015, 15:47
I'm really pleased that you found someone to have a look. I actually met the guy who said he'd have a look at it when i had it and i am conviced he is a genius but you cant pin him down so i made the right decision to sell it and move on. Its a great table in my opinion and i loved how it sounded, the one i have now is a beautiful table and once ive had the arm rewired and removed the "buzz" im going back into looking for a sony......maybe a ps-6750. Cant wait to see the X70 in full working glory. Glad we can stay in touch too lol