PDA

View Full Version : West lancs bakeoff/get together ....16/1/16

take5
26-11-2015, 12:02
Per Title.

I live about 12 minutes from jct 26 of the M6. 3 mins from jct 3 of M58. Out in the sticks, but nearest place is Rainford. Im close to the Rainford By-Pass

Im afraid I cant offer sleepovers to anyone, but folks can attend any time between 10am ish and 8pm ish. Drop in for as little or long as you want.

Snack lunch, then a curry in early evening. If not many folks come along, Ill make a curry. If lots, then its a carry out from a local, very nice, Indian restaurant.

Access is very easy and you can drive right up to the front door, unload your kit, then go and park elsewhere. Plenty of parking available on the drive or on the road.

There will be 4 rooms cleared and available to use, swap kit in and out etc.
In order to not have unused kit lying around waiting to be damaged, there will also be another room just for safe storage.

Kitwise, bring anything you want and it will hopefully all get an airing. The more kit, the better.

I have had many great Bake Offs at my house via Wigwam. The last couple had close on 40 people each time, and were great fun in both Hi Fi and Social terms.
We had 4 rooms going, each blasting away. Lots of lovely kit swapping/experiments going on. Some interesting combinations producing great sounds.

I will be having another Bake Off via Wigwam at some point, but the idea of this one is to meet some new faces, hear different approaches.
So, I am going to have a simple rule.... If you have been to my house previously.... this Bake off ISNT for you.
Sorry, some of you are great mates, but this one is not for you. Another Wam one will happen, and then you will be very welcome, as usual.

I am posting this on both Art of Sound and Pink Fish.

If you have not been in the company of someone from a different forum to your normal one.....dont worry.

Ive met folks from both and they are fairly normal. (ish ) Some have two heads and fangs, wear cardigans and speak with funny accents. Just go with it, and smile a lot. It will be fine.

Anyone fancy a day of Hi Fi, Music and Craic ??

Firebottle
26-11-2015, 12:47
I'm interested and can bring Firebottle kit :)

take5
26-11-2015, 13:14
I'm interested and can bring Firebottle kit :)

LOL....

Have you checked with Easy Jet that there is an early flight that morning. St Helens would be your closest bet, if they fly there. I'll find a taxi service for you, for the last leg.

Macca
26-11-2015, 13:34
St Helens has an airport now?

Last time I was there it looked a bit like how you would imagine Britain 20 years after a nuclear holocaust with the survivors just starting to build back from the ruins.

take5
26-11-2015, 13:50
martin, sounds as if st helens hasnt changed much since you were last there. still no airport though !

Staffs? ...............Im less than 1 hour to jct 15 of the M6.

Get yourself up here. :)

Macca
26-11-2015, 14:58
I'd love to Brian but can't commit to that date at the moment. If you are not full up by next week I'll get back to you.

I thought the airport sounded a bit improbable.... ;)

walpurgis
26-11-2015, 15:46
St Helens has an airport now?

Last time I was there it looked a bit like how you would imagine Britain 20 years after a nuclear holocaust with the survivors just starting to build back from the ruins.

Ha Ha. That sounds like my description of Gravesend to the south east of London.

Firebottle
26-11-2015, 17:05
LOL indeed. I'll be in the UK then :thumbsup:

take5
26-11-2015, 17:35
LOL indeed. I'll be in the UK then :thumbsup:

Alan, you would be very welcome to come along.

However, having someone from the Trade there promoting their equipment would not be the vibe that I would want. So I will have to say no to your offer in post 2, to bring along your kit.

I hope you understand my position, and hopefully we can still see you then.

regards
brian

Firebottle
26-11-2015, 19:23
Mmm..... OK I see where you are coming from.

However I am no salesman. I would wish to bring equipment just as any other enthusiast might bring Arcam, Quad, Spendor, Linn etc.

To see how any other kit might mix and match.

:)

ijrussell
26-11-2015, 19:29
Having been to one of Brian's previous extravaganzas, anyone who goes will be in for a cracking day.

walpurgis
26-11-2015, 19:56
Never seen you as hard bitten trade Alan (Firebottle). More enthusiast who shares his abilities! ;) :)

CageyH
26-11-2015, 20:34
Never seen you as hard bitten trade Alan (Firebottle). More enthusiast who shares his abilities! ;) :)

I would agree with that.
He's been talking me out of buying a KIN preamp recently. :eek:

Bazil
27-11-2015, 17:28
Having been to one of Brian's previous extravaganzas, anyone who goes will be in for a cracking day.

Yes they will , leave the carpet Brian I'll clean it next time ;)

take5
27-11-2015, 17:48
leave the carpet Brian I'll clean it next time ;)

Barry, LOL.

happy memories.:)

I forgot about that important role and may have to bend the new rules. Can you bring your owner cleaning materials ?

Bazil
27-11-2015, 17:53
Barry, LOL.

happy memories.:)

I forgot about that important role and may have to bend the new rules. Can you bring your owner cleaning materials ?

Bleach ok for Kashmir

take5
27-11-2015, 18:02
Bleach ok for Kashmir

LOL

I would not have the cheek to tell an expert his business.

Ps keep your phone on around 11ish. just in case I need advice

Ali Tait
27-11-2015, 18:06
Alan, you would be very welcome to come along.

However, having someone from the Trade there promoting their equipment would not be the vibe that I would want. So I will have to say no to your offer in post 2, to bring along your kit.

I hope you understand my position, and hopefully we can still see you then.

regards
brian

Just my take, but having met Alan, my impression is that he's doing the audio thing for fun, isn't trying to and doesn't need to make a living from it.

You'd be missing out on some good kit to hear...

take5
27-11-2015, 18:53
Just my take, but having met Alan, my impression is that he's doing the audio thing for fun, isn't trying to and doesn't need to make a living from it.

You'd be missing out on some good kit to hear...

Ali, thanks to you, and to the others who have made similar posts. I accept what you say about Alan.

This is nothing personal from my side. In fact I know nothing about Alan. I dont even know what his "Firebottle " kit is.

I simply saw that someone " in the trade" was asking to bring his equipment along to my Bakeoff, and I responded in the negative. I did so with politeness, and no edge. I invited him along anyway.

I have been approached in the past by folks "in the trade", with similar requests. Given the numbers who attend my Bake offs, I can see the attraction.......................
I said ................NO

It is not conducive to the vibe of the day that I want (and achieve ).

Before anyone raises the subject, I made one allowance to a good mate, who made turntable plinths. The vibe didnt change one little bit and I was comfortable with everything about it.

I just dont want to "open the gates", as it were.

I would really like this thread not to become a debate about the choice I made, and hope this can be the end of the matter, with no more posts about my choice.

Ali Tait
27-11-2015, 18:55
Understand totally, your place, your choice. said what I wanted to say. :-)

take5
27-11-2015, 18:56
Understand totally, your place, your choice. said what I wanted to say. :-)

Ali, thanks

Firebottle
27-11-2015, 20:43
It's no problem Brian, I hope you have a great day :)

Mickyricky
28-11-2015, 08:34
Brian's a sucker for Pavola's especially the Strawberry ones.
Those of you who are pondering on whether to put your name down or not,don't hesitate just do it!
I've done the journey and had a brilliant time on both occasions .
Brian and family are superb hosts.
Get your name down quick,there are plenty on the Wam awaiting their turn including me .
Ps he will hold you spell bound with his Kenny G solo don't forget to request this

take5
28-11-2015, 09:20
Micky. LOL

Thanks for the kind words. I thought about changing the rules to allow you and your cup cakes to attend......................but rules is rules.

Just to clarify about the KG thing. His name and music is banned in this house.

Even a mention of the name makes me tremble and vomit, my daughter starts to cry, and my wife doesnt speak to me for a week. I am asking all attendees to be very aware of the situation and be careful.

Im thinking of drawing up a 'KG contract of attendance'. It is very strictly adhered to and results in chucking out, with no excuses listened to.

ijrussell
28-11-2015, 10:39
Micky. LOL

Thanks for the kind words. I thought about changing the rules to allow you and your cup cakes to attend......................but rules is rules.

Just to clarify about the KG thing. His name and music is banned in this house.

Even a mention of the name makes me tremble and vomit, my daughter starts to cry, and my wife doesnt speak to me for a week. I am asking all attendees to be very aware of the situation and be careful.

Im thinking of drawing up a 'KG contract of attendance'. It is very strictly adhered to and results in chucking out, with no excuses listened to.

Don't fall for it; he has a room dedicated to his love for KG. :)

trio leo
28-11-2015, 12:41
Hello Brian,
Sounds a great idea, I'm not sure if I will have transport on that day, If so I would like to bring my Albarrys, if that's ok with you.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

take5
28-11-2015, 12:52
Don't fall for it; he has a room dedicated to his love for KG. :)

Sshhhhhhhh. I have an image to maintain.

Actually, for those of a KG inclination, I could have a room dedicated to the 'music' :lol: of this top, top sax player :rfl:

Some folks might call it the garage. I prefer dedicated KG room. It may be cold, but that is what folks deserve who like the G'ster.

take5
28-11-2015, 12:54
Hello Brian,
Sounds a great idea, I'm not sure if I will have transport on that day, If so I would like to bring my Albarrys, if that's ok with you.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

Al, you would be very welcome.

Are these the Red amps. If so, Ian, the poster above you, brought some to the last Bakeoff and they sounded great. So, yes please to those.

Marco
28-11-2015, 13:10
Brian's a sucker for Pavola's especially the Strawberry ones.

Pavlovas, shurely? Unless that's the Teeside version? ;)

Marco.

Mickyricky
28-11-2015, 17:53
I stand corrected! You aren't too far from Brian Marco it is well worth the day out honest especially if you arrive at his door with a homemade one of them...

Marco
28-11-2015, 18:32
I'd love to, and probably will at some point. At the moment though, until the new year, my 'social diary' is spoken for :)

Always up for a wee get together and to meet up with folks on AoS :cool:

Marco.

trio leo
28-11-2015, 20:22
Hi Brian,
Yep it's the red ones, I've got the lot, could be by then the mono-blocs will be upgraded to Series 2's, if not it doesn't matter they're still good IMHO.

cheers Al :)

take5
29-11-2015, 10:02
I'd love to,

Marco.

Get yourself over here.

It will be a real bonus talking to someone without a funny accent. Someone who understands mine, and can respond in the same language .:)

Zoidburg
29-11-2015, 11:28
I'd like to attend if there's still room please?

I'm not a million miles away and it sounds like a good day out. I can bring some bits and bobs and certainly some vinyl to play as well.

take5
29-11-2015, 12:53
I'd like to attend if there's still room please?

I'm not a million miles away and it sounds like a good day out. I can bring some bits and bobs and certainly some vinyl to play as well.

Ben, you are very welcome.

yes, there is still room for many more.

trio leo
30-11-2015, 12:01
Hi Brian,
Looks like I will be able to make it on Saturday 16th January 2016, so I will bring my Albarry kit, should I bring IC's or anything else?

Cheers Al

take5
30-11-2015, 12:35
Hi Brian,
Looks like I will be able to make it on Saturday 16th January 2016, so I will bring my Albarry kit, should I bring IC's or anything else?

Cheers Al

Al, great. see you then.

Regarding what folks should bring, I will probably prompt nearer the time, once we see what is happening/numbers etc.

RichB
02-12-2015, 19:50
Hi Brian, can I register my tentative interest please. It looks like I'll be dropping some kit off near Manchester for someone and it may combine nicely with your get together. If I can I'll try to pop by for a couple of hours.

Won't have much room for kit but could probably bring a benchmark DAC if anyone was interested in hearing it.

I'll hope to confirm well in advance.

Rich

take5
03-12-2015, 07:39
Hi Brian, can I register my tentative interest please. It looks like I'll be dropping some kit off near Manchester for someone and it may combine nicely with your get together. If I can I'll try to pop by for a couple of hours.

Won't have much room for kit but could probably bring a benchmark DAC if anyone was interested in hearing it.

I'll hope to confirm well in advance.

Rich

Rich, that would be fine.

Come along for as little or as long as you wish.

Covenant
06-12-2015, 09:58
Hi Brian,
I am almost a neighbour living in Aughton,so would love to attend.Could you put my name down please?

take5
06-12-2015, 10:28
Hi Brian,
I am almost a neighbour living in Aughton,so would love to attend.Could you put my name down please?

Jerry, you are very welcome. it will be nice to meet you.

As a former Aughton resident myself, I know well the levels of class and culture that you will bring to the day. We are neighbours. Im in Bickerstaffe.

Covenant
06-12-2015, 10:49
Haha,I,m a scouser really (from Walton by the prison).I have been house trained though.

guyhayton
06-12-2015, 21:51
Bugger... that rules me out. I'm in Maghull but not house-trained :(

take5
07-12-2015, 07:12
Bugger... that rules me out. I'm in Maghull but not house-trained :(

"Maghull and not house trained".... you will fit in very well, and are very welcome.

Macca
07-12-2015, 10:31
'I was born in Liverpool, down by the docks,
My religion was Catholic; occupation - hard knocks.
At stealing from lorries, I was adept,
and underneath overcoats each night I slept. '

take5
07-12-2015, 10:43
Martin, you are going to be a welcome addition, if you can make it. A bit of artistic input never goes wrong.

You are a poet and dont even know it.

Try this.

there once was a lad from staffs
came up to west lancs for some laffs.
went so well he wanted to stay.
sorry says the host...... another day !

Macca
07-12-2015, 10:55
Not my work I'm afraid, Brian. It is the opening verse of 'In My Liverpool Home'

Although I really was born down by the docks. Oxford Street Hospital just back of the Baltic Fleet. Don't look for it, it's not there anymore.

I checked your location and you really are right out in the sticks but I could potentially get a train to Skem and then a taxi....stop overnight at the Best Western on the motorway junction. I'll have a better look when I have woken up properly, late one last night.

take5
07-12-2015, 11:03
Not my work I'm afraid, Brian. It is the opening verse of 'In My Liverpool Home'

Although I really was born down by the docks. Oxford Street Hospital just back of the Baltic Fleet. Don't look for it, it's not there anymore.

I checked your location and you really are right out in the sticks but I could potentially get a train to Skem and then a taxi....stop overnight at the Best Western on the motorway junction. I'll have a better look when I have woken up properly, late one last night.

Martin, the trains stopped going to Skem years ago.

Best bet would be to get into Liverpool, then train to Ormskirk. BUT get off at either MAGHULL, or TOWN GREEN, in AUGHTON. Either I will come and pick you up or perhaps someone else attending could help.

i havent really looked yet at where from folks are coming from, but Im sure it is do-able.

Macca
07-12-2015, 11:07
Martin, the trains stopped going to Skem years ago.

Can't say I blame them.

I can get to Maghull easy enough. Okay: put me on the guest list :)

take5
07-12-2015, 11:14
Martin, you are on.

Ive had another thought. Trains do run from Liverpool out to Wigan, and stop at Rainford Junction. but the service is very limited. I will check times nearer the date and see. I can pick you up from there if it suits better.

Great effort. Nice one.

Macca
07-12-2015, 11:26
Cool. I can get a taxi over from Rainford, or Maghull or wherever. Train stations still have taxi ranks up there, right? ;)

Covenant
07-12-2015, 11:37

Martin,
I am right by Town Green station so could save you the taxi fare.

take5
07-12-2015, 11:40
Train stations still have taxi ranks up there, right? ;)

Actually..... No.:unfair:

There is no station actually in RAINFORD. Its about 1 mile away, in nomansville.

You know those old movies when 1 person gets off the train and there is not another soul to be seen or heard. Ennio Morricone music playing in the background. That WOULD be you if you use that train.
A taxi from there would be a first and would probably get your name in the local paper, possibly even a picture.

Taxi rank.....:rfl:............. there hasnt been one there since the last horse (Dobbin) was taken to the knackers yard.

Macca
07-12-2015, 11:45
Martin,

Perfect, shall we sort something out nearer the date?

Re: train station set ups, it has been a long time since I was in the wilds of Lancashire, as you can probably tell.

take5
07-12-2015, 11:48
Martin,

Jerry, nice one.
Thanks

Covenant
07-12-2015, 14:06
Perfect, shall we sort something out nearer the date?

Re: train station set ups, it has been a long time since I was in the wilds of Lancashire, as you can probably tell.

No problem,
PM me after Chrimbo as we scousers say.

freefallrob
11-12-2015, 10:32
Anyone who's not been before will have a lovely time, much recommended:)

I'll just leave this here....

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12189767_10153759915949772_9193886246720219281_n.j pg?oh=f23d1766cafd06e76fb869839ed3c84c&oe=56E06FA7

take5
11-12-2015, 10:49
LOL. I feel Im being stalked.................

Just to clarify. Rob was shown how to doctor pictures earlier this year and has lots of fun with his new toys.
He is still at the beginner level though, so sadly his "photo cropping skills" are as bad as his music taste, so for some reason I have a brillo pad on top of my head in that picture.

On the plus side, he does make the best Pavlova know to man, so he does remain a "friend'..................................Just.

freefallrob
11-12-2015, 10:58
You just can't please some folks you know, I spent hours on that, I even had to get Kenny G's written approval to use his hair:)

belloire
12-12-2015, 22:36
OMG! A bake off at Kenny G's house.

I'm in!!!

Zoidburg
15-12-2015, 09:09
Hi Brian,

do you have any thoughts on kit yet? I might be able to bring a record deck with me (possibly) and a phono stage as well. Definitely a phono stage anyway as that's easy to transport.

cheers,

Ben

take5
15-12-2015, 09:51
Ben, no thoughts yet re kit.

I thought I would just wait until the New Year.

I wont be trying to draw up lists of kit etc, but simply asking folks to bring what they want. If I felt there was a shortage in one area, I may prompt. eg speakers, or whatever.

However, turntables are my big thing (at the moment), so yes to yours and the phono, if you feel comfortable bringing them.

Zoidburg
15-12-2015, 10:26
Ben, no thoughts yet re kit.

I thought I would just wait until the New Year.

I wont be trying to draw up lists of kit etc, but simply asking folks to bring what they want. If I felt there was a shortage in one area, I may prompt. eg speakers, or whatever.

However, turntables are my big thing (at the moment), so yes to yours and the phono, if you feel comfortable bringing them.

I'd be interested to hear mine against other stuff and I think its reasonably easy to transport / set up so yeah it could be a "go-er".

What are you using at the moment out of interest?

take5
15-12-2015, 10:43
Ben, if you can manage both that will be great.

Garrard 401, Collinson plinth, SME 3009, Fidelity Research cartridge. I have a lot on at the moment, but if I get around to it, I will have a Fidelity Research Fr64fx arm on by that time.

Phono is Audio Innovations P2 with Border Patrol power supply. This is MM only, but I use an Audio Innovations SUT for MC cartridges.

Audio Innovations L2 pre amp. Power amp is a little Quad. This is a weak link and I am looking for a better power amp.

Speakers are an early pair of Audio Note J's.

Looking forward to the day.

Zoidburg
15-12-2015, 11:01
Gulp :D

That sounds like a very serious set up indeed:eyebrows:

With the recent addition of the 2m black I think mine sounds pretty good so happy to bring it along and see how it stacks up.

take5
20-12-2015, 10:29
IM SORRY TO HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CANCEL THIS BAKE-OFF

My Dad has Alzheimers and things have not been well for the last few weeks. It looks like I will have to go up to Scotland
a few times in January, to deal with Power of Attorney/Solicitors/Banks etc etc etc.
But mainly to look for a Care Home for the sad day when he loses his independence, and needs to be looked after.

At the moment I dont know when these trips will be, but I want to keep my diary free, in case I need to go at short notice.
I also dont want to be unfair to you Bake Off attendees, by giving you only a few days notice of cancelation.

To be honest it also gives me one less thing to organise, which is very welcome at the moment.

My apologies to all of you from both forums (about 20, to date ). I had been looking forward to meeting you all.

Im sure you will understand my reasons for this choice, and hopefully we can re-arrange a date once things settle down at my end.

regards
Brian

Covenant
20-12-2015, 10:38
Sorry to hear the news Brian. Alzheimer's is a distressing illness, I have first hand experience with family members and know how difficult it is to deal with.

take5
20-12-2015, 10:44
Jerry, thanks.

He was diagnosed about 18 months ago, and we have been coping well. The Dementia team and Social services have been fantastic and have helped him remain in his home until now.
But things are moving downhill quite quickly now and the last 2 weeks have been difficult.

A lot of difficult choices ahead, Im sure.

RichB
20-12-2015, 11:36
Sorry to hear this but you've got your priorities right.

All the best.

R

Marco
20-12-2015, 14:39
Sorry to hear the news Brian. Alzheimer's is a distressing illness, I have first hand experience with family members and know how difficult it is to deal with.

+1. Take care, Brian. Hope you manage to sort things out. Best wishes to all concerned.

Marco.

Zoidburg
21-12-2015, 08:53
Very sorry to hear that Brian, I hope it all works out ok, goes without saying that family comes above everything else at times like this.

oldius
21-12-2015, 19:00
Very sorry to hear that Brian.

I may be willing to take Brian's bakeoff over at my place in Liverpool dependent on interest, even if it's just a music day. I know Brian well, I'm sure he'll approve.

Please post prospective interest and I will confirm when I have given it some thought.

Macca
21-12-2015, 19:40
I'd be up for that Geoff, if you go ahead.

take5
21-12-2015, 19:56
Thanks guys, for your kind thoughts.

I know Brian well, I'm sure he'll approve.

Geoff, great idea. go for it.

Floyddroid
21-12-2015, 22:15
Very sad to hear of your predicament. As Richie said you have to prioritise and you have made the right decision. I hope that if you ever organise another bake off I will do my best to get there. I was going to hitch a ride with Rich but as it turns out it would have been my weekend to work. I hope all is well with your dad and that you are coping ok.

RichB
21-12-2015, 22:23
Very sorry to hear that Brian.

I may be willing to take Brian's bakeoff over at my place in Liverpool dependent on interest, even if it's just a music day. I know Brian well, I'm sure he'll approve.

Please post prospective interest and I will confirm when I have given it some thought.

I'm still heading West that weekend to drop some kit off for a mutual associate so I might try and get over that way.

Zoidburg
22-12-2015, 06:55
Id still be up for a visit to Geoffs place. Great venue and right on my doorstep too.

take5
03-01-2016, 09:48
Thanks to all for the messages of support. Both here on this thread, and by PM. It is much appreciated.

That weekend turns out to be the best time for me to go up to Scotland after all, so is the one Im going up.

I had been hoping to get along to Geoffs if it suited me, but that now cant happen either, sadly.

So, just to add my encouragement to all those undecided about going to Geoffs............... JUST GO !!!!!!!!!!!

He is a great host and his house is superb for this kind of thing. I look forward to reading all about the day. And also to meeting you all some other time.

Thanks again

Marco
30-01-2016, 20:37
Is Geoff's bake-off still happening, if so, when? :cool:

Marco.

Zoidburg
31-01-2016, 18:25
I saw Geoff a couple of weeks ago when he sorted my arm and cart out for me. At the time he said he would be sorting out another bake off at some point soon. Not seen any further details / confirmation yet tho.

Marco
31-01-2016, 18:49
Ok, Ben, cheers. Hopefully he'll update the thread here in due course :)

Marco.

oldius
22-02-2016, 19:36
Sorry I didn't update this thread, something came up and I forgot about it. I will be doing something around Easter so I will update as soon as a date emerges.

Marco
22-02-2016, 21:13
Cheers, Geoff. I'm interested in coming if it doesn't clash with the Scalford show on 20th March :)

Marco.

take5
23-02-2016, 07:43
I will be doing something around Easter so I will update as soon as a date emerges.

Geoff, can I suggest that it may be best to start a new thread. I would think that most folks would not look in this one , given its age and the date in its title.

Ps Im in !!

Mickyricky
23-02-2016, 11:40
+1 :-)

Marco
22-03-2016, 23:15
Sorry I didn't update this thread, something came up and I forgot about it. I will be doing something around Easter so I will update as soon as a date emerges.

Is this (taken from your announcement on pfm) open to AoS members: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=186005

Marco.

take5
23-03-2016, 08:11
Is this (taken from your announcement on pfm) open to AoS members: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=186005

Marco.

Im sure it will be.

Ill contact him and prompt !!

I wont be able to go to this one one either, as Im again going up to Scotland. Have a good one.

Marco
23-03-2016, 10:26
Cheers, Brian. If you could give Geoff and gentle prod that would be great, as I'll probably go to it :)

Enjoy Scotland. I'll be up there the week before!

Marco.

oldius
23-03-2016, 15:41
Gentle prod received. New thread started.