PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

martinjohn308
24-11-2015, 08:22
Hi All,

I've been a member for a while but never put a post on. So here goes with my system.

Avondale Audio Grad 1 pre amplifier with TPX 2 power supply.
Witch Hat monos power amplifiers.
Linn LP 12, Cirkus, Karmen, Plateau sub chassis, Armeggedon, ARO, Kiseki Blue NS.
Naim CD 3.5 with ASR Hi-cap.
Naim 101 tuner and Snaps.
Paradise phono stage.
DMS Isobarik speakers,
Epiphany Acoustics Atratus 111 interconnects.
Naca 5 speaker cables

Regards,

Martin

Puffin
24-11-2015, 08:55
Looks like a nice system. Look forward to hearing from you again in May 2016:D

walpurgis
24-11-2015, 09:31
Hello Martin. Welcome to AOS.

Good to hear from you. No need to keep in the background, we don't bite! :)

Tell us more. What music do you like and do you have plans for your system?

That's an interesting selection of equipment you own. I'd imagine you get some impressive sounds.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Spectral Morn
24-11-2015, 10:42
Welcome to AoS Martin

Your Linn would be among the best version's of this deck you can get, imho - lovely sound and very nice cartridge too.

RobbieGong
24-11-2015, 22:19
Hi Martin, Welcome to this place :) What music you into and how do you find the Astratus lll's ?

Barry
25-11-2015, 19:20
Welcome to AoS Martin.

Interesting system you have; clearly a Linn/Naim follower, though I have to admit I haven't heard of the "Witch Hat" amplifiers. Some photos would be nice to see if you can manage it. :)

What sort of music do you play on your system?

Welcome again
Barry

RobbieGong
25-11-2015, 22:06
You really don't like posting Martin :scratch:

martinjohn308
26-11-2015, 18:17
Hi All,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm friends with Derek and Mark, I've known Derek since 1980 !
I started the Linn / Naim system in 1978 with the TT then 1982 with 32, Snaps and 250. Adding 101, Hi-cap, Lingo and 3.5 when they came out. The Linn updates came about through Derek. They also introduced me to the Witch Hat mono amplifiers, which are based on Avondale M130's with Mark Slade built them with his own take on components tighter control.

Music wise I've been collecting LP's since 1958. I'm into West Coast music favourite band Love but also love, buffalo Springfield, Stills, CSNY, Neil Young, Poco, Little Feat, Zappa, Joni Mitchell, Byrds, plus loads more I think I have 2000 LP's.

I think now I'm at nivirna with my system I can't stretch to the DC motor opinion from Linn too expensive for me. Up to 2007 my system was pretty much the same abet the updates on the Linn changing Ittok to Aro which was a no brainer.

The Epiphany interconnect are sublime problem is the Tuner, Snaps, Hi-cap and CD are running on the Flashback performance cables as Oliver can't make them with DIN connectors. Again these cables are so well made the Epiphany ones and are a steal for the money had an AR-Sound green link before and I found it was much better even lent it to Mark ( YNWAN) to evaluate. He came back to me and said he preferred Oliver's.

So I've lived with the Isobariks since 1983, tuner 1987, CD in 1992. I don't think I'll be changing anything in the near future bar servicing the LP 12 and when needs must the cartridge. I think with the Kiseki the re build is done at the factory don't know the cost but it must be cheaper than a new cartridge!

Regards,

Martin

sq225917
26-11-2015, 18:34
Martin, for some reason i thought you were using the DC motor. In that case I have another upgrade for you. Much less expensive than the Paradise and actually, about as big a jump. Ask Mark he's just recently swapped over to the new motor and PSU.

martinjohn308
26-11-2015, 18:35
PS

I try and put some photos on tomorrow.

Martin

struth
27-11-2015, 11:44
Welcome aboard Martin. Enjoy the forum